What team will come out of nowhere next year?

Ok, so we all know that the Bills will amaze the league by going undefeated and winning all our games by 50 points, but really, which team will be the true "Come out of No-Where" team next year?

I am gonna say the Lions. Yes the Lions.

I think that Daunte still has a few good, maybe great, years left in him, and now he has been in Detroit a while, and will not be thrown to the dogs like he was last year.

With a new attitude, new coach, and a "Hey, it can't be any worse than last year" mentallity, plus a weak division,

I say that the Lions win the division, and have a quick, but respectable, first round exit.

I say Oakland turns it around. McFadden, Russell, Fargas, Walker, Miller, Bush, DHB, and the rest of those guys will put up some lofty enough #'s on offense to go along with a typically stout defense. They will push San Diego for the division crown in the AFC West.

Ok, so we all know that the Bills will amaze the league by going undefeated and winning all our games by 50 points, but really, which team will be the true "Come out of No-Where" team next year?

I think that Daunte still has a few good, maybe great, years left in him, and now he has been in Detroit a while, and will not be thrown to the dogs like he was last year.

With a new attitude, new coach, and a "Hey, it can't be any worse than last year" mentallity, plus a weak division,

I say that the Lions win the division, and have a quick, but respectable, first round exit.

oakland....mucho talent

weak division? Cutler, Rodgers and soon to be Favre as QBs do not make that a weak division anymore. My guess is the Texans in the AFC, or the Seahawks in the NFC.

You think that Cutler will be able to single handedly turn around that O in one year? Who will he throw too?

Farve to the Vikes? That will work out great when he get's injured in the first game of the season.

Rodgers? We'el see, but the Packers could be the most overrated team in football, with most of their wins coming against their crappy division.

What makes you think the Seahawks will be any different this year?

You think that Cutler will be able to single handedly turn around that O in one year? Who will he throw too?

Farve to the Vikes? That will work out great when he get's injured in the first game of the season.

Rodgers? We'el see, but the Packers could be the most overrated team in football, with most of their wins coming against their crappy division.

Cutler threw for over 4000 yards last year, and is a lot more talented than Orton. That's an upgrade at the most critical postion on the field. They added Tinoisamoa to their defense and only lost an aging Safety with Brown.

If Favre can stay healthy like he has his entire career, the Vikings are a lot better. Another upgrade, just like the Bears at QB, added to a great O line and running game, and some decent receivers, and a great defense. Sounds good to me. The Vikings are loaded on the O and D lines, which is something to be envious of.

Rodgers was a real bright spot for GB last year. 4000 yards passing and a great group of WR's and Ryan Grant coming back. Defense could be a question with the switch to the 3-4 but they have a lot of talent.

The Lions are a mess on defense as a whole, both lines, and have a second year RB who is average in Kevin Smith. What can you say positively about this team at this point? They have a WR and maybe a QB we'll see. Thats it. I don't see them competing in this division this year.

Seahawks: A healthy Matt Hasselbeck to go with TJ Houshmandzadeh on offense and Defensive Rookie of the Year LB Aaron Curry along with a renewed energy with Jim Mora as HC will get this team a division title. Cards suffer the super bowl hangover, 49ers and Rams aren't ready to compete yet.

Pittsburgh

Orton is possibly the most underrated QB in the league and I actually see him as an upgrade over Cutler.

Cutler is simply too erratic, and is an INT machine. He has only looked good so far because he has had better than average supporting talent around him, and he has a strong arm. In Chicago he will look like JP's twin brother.

Also, Favre isn't a Viking yet, but for the sake of argument let's say he is. Do you really think he still has gas left in the tank. In the Jet's "playoff" game last year vs the Dolphins he proved why he needs to sit down and let T.Jackson shine. I still think that kid has something special to him, but I don't quite know what yet. Still, the Vikings will falter this year, as they play too conservative, and are too inexperienced.

Rodgers was good yes, but with the Packers D they will be sub-500.

I see the Lions going 13-3 or 12-4. I think they have some young stars that are ready to shine. Also, don't discredit the fresh start they have. They will have momentum on their backs.

Cutler threw for over 4000 yards last year, and is a lot more talented than Orton. That's an upgrade at the most critical postion on the field. They added Tinoisamoa to their defense and only lost an aging Safety with Brown.

If Favre can stay healthy like he has his entire career, the Vikings are a lot better. Another upgrade, just like the Bears at QB, added to a great O line and running game, and some decent receivers, and a great defense. Sounds good to me. The Vikings are loaded on the O and D lines, which is something to be envious of.

Rodgers was a real bright spot for GB last year. 4000 yards passing and a great group of WR's and Ryan Grant coming back. Defense could be a question with the switch to the 3-4 but they have a lot of talent.

The Lions are a mess on defense as a whole, both lines, and have a second year RB who is average in Kevin Smith. What can you say positively about this team at this point? They have a WR and maybe a QB we'll see. Thats it. I don't see them competing in this division this year.

Seahawks: A healthy Matt Hasselbeck to go with TJ Houshmandzadeh on offense and Defensive Rookie of the Year LB Aaron Curry along with a renewed energy with Jim Mora as HC will get this team a division title. Cards suffer the super bowl hangover, 49ers and Rams aren't ready to compete yet.

If you believe in the Lions, you should go to Vegas and bet a BUNDLE on them.......................you would never have to work again if you are right. I think Cleveland will be a surprise team this year. If the Bears or Vikings win, I don't think it will be a huge surprise as they both have GOOD Teams.

Just throwing this out there without too much conviction...the Cincinnati Bengals.

They had for the first time in many years a good defense. Coles replaces TJ Housh, Chad has re-dedicated himself to football, Carson Palmer will return to full strength, and I think Cedric Benson will have a big year for them. They also had a decent offseason.

The only thing working against them is 4 games against Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

AFC: Houston. The Texans have slowly caught up to the likes of the Colts & Titans, now they just have to seal the deal when they play them. Even if they do not win the divison, they should make the playoffs.

NFC: San Francisco. Yes the 49'ers do not have a clear cut choice at QB. However, Mike Singletary has this team focused and ready to play. The west is a weak division and the 49'ers will not be a pushover against other teams.

I understand what you thinking, Miami was 1-15 2 years ago but Parcells is not in Motown.

I think the Texans might surprise and get some sneak wins in. The Defense is underated and I like the RB (Slaton) and Johnson on the outside with Ex-Bill Andre Davis

Matt Schaub reminds you of Trent Edwards , smart and injury prone.

The more I think about it getting Mario Williams instead of Reggie bush was a really smart move, and the GM (got ran out of town for that remember? Casserly sure looks smart in hindsight.

AFC: Houston. The Texans have slowly caught up to the likes of the Colts & Titans, now they just have to seal the deal when they play them. Even if they do not win the divison, they should make the playoffs.

NFC: San Francisco. Yes the 49'ers do not have a clear cut choice at QB. However, Mike Singletary has this team focused and ready to play. The west is a weak division and the 49'ers will not be a pushover against other teams.

Interesting NFC call there Mark. I respect your knowledge of the game very much and know that you live in the Bay Area so you stay on top of the Niners situation.

I like the way Singletary picked up the pieces after the Nolan debacle. He is just what that team needed. But I have some doubts about the Niners...I could see a scenario where Singletary would be more effective last year than this year.

The team will now have to deal with his hard core demanding style on a daily basis. It won't be new, novel or refreshing. It might even get old.

There won't be any sneaking up on opponents as there was after he took over last year.

Also, it was interesting that they let Mike Martz go seeing as their offense did put up nice numbers. I know new OC Jimmy Raye is somewhat maligned and his resume is not sterling so I could see where their offense might take a step backwards.

I could be very wrong about this but I don't share the same optimism for the Niners that you do.

Just throwing this out there without too much conviction...the Cincinnati Bengals.

They had for the first time in many years a good defense. Coles replaces TJ Housh, Chad has re-dedicated himself to football, Carson Palmer will return to full strength, and I think Cedric Benson will have a big year for them. They also had a decent offseason.

The only thing working against them is 4 games against Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

those are 4 losses right there lol

and the only thing Ocho Cinco is dedicated to is the TV cameras . TJ was the only player that held him in check , now he gone to the Hawks

Marvin Lewis is not a real good head coach IMO

I like the Texans, only problem with them is the division they play in. The Colts and Titans are, well, the Colts and Titans. And the Jaguars aren't spectacular but they're a tough team to beat.

Oakland definately has a chance. A very young team, with a defense seriously on the rise, and an offense potentially made up of young budding stars* (if they bud) like Russell, McFadden, that receiver they drafted early who's supposed to be a speedster, Higgins, etc... in a weak division (Denver is taking a big step down in my books for the next two years), and with Kansas City rebuilding, it's Oakland and San Diego over there.

The Bengals could come out of nowhere, and they're another team that sticks out to me. With Palmer coming back, and Chad Johnson working hard, and maybe just MAYBE an emerging Cedric Benson, this team has a chance. Add in a few risks that could pan out on the defense, like Rey Mal...and Roy Williams, this team could surprise and compete with the Ravens and *gasp* Steelers.

Those are my 3 teams in that order for the AFC...as for the NFC, it's hard for me to give Detroit a chance. I think the Saints are going to win their division but I'm not so sure that would be out of nowhere. Nobody in the NFC really strikes me as a sleeper, I think it's pretty easy to separate the contenders from the pretenders.

I don't buy into the Texans as being a "surprise" team. People have been talking about them for the past three seasons, ever since they got Schaub. Their defense has been decent enough, but their star players can't seem to stay healthy. If they make the playoffs this year it's because there are no injuries to key players such as Schaub, Ryans, Slaton, Johnson, Williams, and their starting CB's.

Some may disagree, but I think Kansas City will be much more competitive this year. Pioli will have that team turned around quickly. The subtraction of Herm Edwards will do that team wonders. I don't see them being neccesarily good, but 7-9 (same a s the Bills most likely) is forseeable. A good play for over/under for season wins for sure! I also like the fact that they are in a weaker division.