Al Franken becomes Senator

Well-qualified, eh? A man with quite a temper. 225 vote edge, but curiously, there is no screaming by Republicans as was the case among Dems in Gore vs. Bush.

Good going, young voters. A filibuster-proof majority. Total one-party rule. Checks and balances? Pfft. Soon, the Supreme Court will be in the fold.

Rather lost in the static is Sen. Baucus' insertion of taxarion of health benefits - except for union members. That dovetails nicely with that piece of legislation out there, that strips away the secret ballot for certifying a union. Naturally, if union members are not taxed for benefits...a powerful inducement for unionization is there. A method of forming a loyal praetorian guard. Obama opposed the taxation of benefits, used it against McCain in the run-up to election. Now, he says that he will wait on the wisdom of Congress. Whatta guy...

Add in the "Fairness" doctrine resurgence. Last I read about that, the end-around is to establish "community boards" that will decide what will be broadcast...under pain of losing the broadcast license. Fox News as an alternative to the others that slavishly praise Dear Leader will be silenced sooner or later. There is no end of folks that brainlessly follow the popular pap and call them Foxsnooze, so their demise won't raise a bleep. Talk radio will be silenced.

It's inexorable...

Well-qualified, eh? A man with quite a temper. 225 vote edge, but curiously, there is no screaming by Republicans as was the case among Dems in Gore vs. Bush.

Good going, young voters. A filibuster-proof majority. Total one-party rule. Checks and balances? Pfft. Soon, the Supreme Court will be in the fold.

Rather lost in the static is Sen. Baucus' insertion of taxarion of health benefits - except for union members. That dovetails nicely with that piece of legislation out there, that strips away the secret ballot for certifying a union. Naturally, if union members are not taxed for benefits...a powerful inducement for unionization is there. A method of forming a loyal praetorian guard. Obama opposed the taxation of benefits, used it against McCain in the run-up to election. Now, he says that he will wait on the wisdom of Congress. Whatta guy...

Add in the "Fairness" doctrine resurgence. Last I read about that, the end-around is to establish "community boards" that will decide what will be broadcast...under pain of losing the broadcast license. Fox News as an alternative to the others that slavishly praise Dear Leader will be silenced sooner or later. There is no end of folks that brainlessly follow the popular pap and call them Foxsnooze, so their demise won't raise a bleep. Talk radio will be silenced.

It's inexorable...

Yeah, nine months of fighting by Republicans is nothing like Gore vs. Bush. :thumbsup:

Yeah, nine months of fighting by Republicans is nothing like Gore vs. Bush. :thumbsup:

Gore couldn't even carry his own state in that election.

Its never good for any party, Republican or Democrat, to have full control. There will be no checks and balance. This is good news for Dems as they can do what they want, but they better hurry because the tide will turn back in 2010 when people realize how much control they have.

Expand your commentary, please.

:thumbsup: isn't coming across clearly.

Gore never fought so hard that it kept Bush from taking his oath for six months. Coleman has fought this tooth and nail in an obvious attempt to keep the Senate from having all the Democrats seated. He started his fight just after the election when the recount showed Franken had won and kept fighting for nine months only to confirm what the actual election results were.

You have to admit this is much worse than the Gore/Bush thing. It's very surprising that no Republicans are complaining after it's only been a story for a few hours. Watch O'reilly and Hannity and listen to Rush tomorrow. You'll hear a lot of Republican crying.

Gore never fought so hard that it kept Bush from taking his oath for six months. Coleman has fought this tooth and nail in an obvious attempt to keep the Senate from having all the Democrats seated. He started his fight just after the election when the recount showed Franken had won and kept fighting for nine months only to confirm what the actual election results were.

You have to admit this is much worse than the Gore/Bush thing. It's very surprising that no Republicans are complaining after it's only been a story for a few hours. Watch O'reilly and Hannity and listen to Rush tomorrow. You'll hear a lot of Republican crying.

Thanks for your expansion.

Watch O'reilly and Hannity and listen to Rush tomorrow. You'll hear a lot of Republican crying.

We conservatives don't need to watch or listen to them. These days, we just let the liberals do it and then come back here and report to us about whatever nonsense they think they're hearing.

We conservatives don't need to watch or listen to them. These days, we just let the liberals do it and then come back here and report to us about whatever nonsense they think they're hearing.

Oh boy, you sure put me in my place, I concede you are the best at making cogent arguments here. :thumbsup:

Gore couldn't even carry his own state in that election.

Most people have forgotten this; that Gore did not carry Tennessee (or his predecessor's state, Arkansas) in 2000. Thank you for reminding us.

Its never good for any party, Republican or Democrat, to have full control. There will be no checks and balance. This is good news for Dems as they can do what they want, but they better hurry because the tide will turn back in 2010 when people realize how much control they have.

+1. The Democrats have about 18 months with the super majority. I predict the Republicans will pick up 4 or 5 Senate seats in 2010.

Although this may not be as bad as we think...the Dems have to walk in lockstep, and all of them have to be present. Byrd's been in the hospital, and Kennedy's fighting his brain tumor. It has to be 60. It can't be 58.

Oh boy, you sure put me in my place, I concede you are the best at making cogent arguments here. :o

I wasn't trying to put you in your place. I was just commenting on the standard liberal tilt that all conservatives spend their days listening to Fox and Hannity and O'Reilly and Rush, when in reality, it's the libs, and Dems...hell, even the president, who find it necessary to keep bringing these people up.

Besides, so many people here put you in your place every day, there's really no reason for me to do the extra lifting.

Oh boy, you sure put me in my place, I concede you are the best at making cogent arguments here. :o

Besides, so many people here put you in your place every day, there's really no reason for me to do the extra lifting.

Funny thing is both of you spend plenty of time in the same place

Although this may not be as bad as we think...the Dems have to walk in lockstep, and all of them have to be present. Byrd's been in the hospital, and Kennedy's fighting his brain tumor. It has to be 60. It can't be 58.

And don't forget Joe Lieberman. IIRC, a number of the our arrogant left wingers declared back in November that old Joe was no longer of use to the Dems.

What say you Nozzlenut? Yellowrowboat? Still anxious for him to flip to the GOP?

And don't forget Joe Lieberman. IIRC, a number of the our arrogant left wingers declared back in November that old Joe was no longer of use to the Dems.

What say you Nozzlenut? Yellowrowboat? Still anxious for him to flip to the GOP?

There is no guarantee that these guys will always vote along party lines. Only an idiot would think so.

So, Joe is free to go to the GOP for all of me.

There is no guarantee that these guys will always vote along party lines. Only an idiot would think so.

So, Joe is free to go to the GOP for all of me.

Hey you're a poet and you don't know it, but your feet show it, they're longfellows. However, I do think the guy who wrote "Snowbound" was whittier.