TBD Book Club

angrygnome

I would suggest maybe starting it out as a thread; if it generates enough interest, then perhaps you could ask the powers that be if you get a sub-forum. Alternatively, you could start a blog and we could take the book discussion to the blog.

That's a good idea. Though I'd like to keep it here so it's easier for new comers to join. Let's see how many more people are interested, then I'll start an official thread.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: I'm pretty sure no one here knows nor cares what I'm currently reading. Fully 80% of you couldn't even comprehend it. 50% of you probably wouldn't even be interested, since it doesn't have pictures.

There are books without pictures? :o

:o I'm pretty sure no one here knows nor cares what I'm currently reading. Fully 80% of you couldn't even comprehend it. 50% of you probably wouldn't even be interested, since it doesn't have pictures.

I bought this book because I liked the picture on the cover.

And this book because the father of one of the posters here wrote it.

Found this one at the local library book sale for $1.

Thank you Dr. Ramius, that's pretty much exactly what I meant. A thread/forum where we could discuss and suggest books that we have read; book collecting, where to get good deals on books etc. I was thinking it could be open to all genres of books, and of course sports books. Also, while we're on the subject if anyone in the Buffalo/Niagara area has not yet read the popular Baseball book "Game of Shadows" it is available at both of the Dollar Trees here in the falls. So if your interested and live near a Dollar Tree you should check to see if they have it as well. A good read for $1.08.

I would be game for this a forum would be nice as threads can become unwieldy if you are lookign for a specific comment or post.

I would be game for this a forum would be nice as threads can become unwieldy if you are lookign for a specific comment or post.

I agree. That thread would go horribly adrift, but we may need to start as a thread at first though so the mods can gauge whether or not a forum is necessary.

:o I'm pretty sure no one here knows nor cares what I'm currently reading. Fully 80% of you couldn't even comprehend it. 50% of you probably wouldn't even be interested, since it doesn't have pictures.

Kip Thorne?

I'm sure there'll be some hardcore egghead sh-- once in a while...

There is actually some real entertaining educational journals I've read. Psychology case studies specifically.

George Costanza reads Medical Journals.

:lol: I'm pretty sure no one here knows nor cares what I'm currently reading. Fully 80% of you couldn't even comprehend it. 50% of you probably wouldn't even be interested, since it doesn't have pictures.

Clearly you are a very humble man ... maybe you should focus on a self help book to improve your self esteem. :o

sure it does. Maybe we could all get together and help you color them! :o Only kidding.

It's 100%, but statistically 30% of you are dumb enough for two people.

Really, why the hell would anyone want to know what I read? There's a reason I keep large swaths of my private life private...and despite that, you all think I'm !@#$ed in the head anyway...

Is every thread all about you? :devil: