TBD Book Club

angrygnome

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there are a lot of readers on this board, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in forming a TBD Book Club? I think it might be cool so reply if your interested.

If it is football books, then I would be OK with it. I really do not read much outside of that genre, so anything else and I would be out (not enough time to read other stuff with the research I am doing).

If it is football books, then I would be OK with it. I really do not read much outside of that genre, so anything else and I would be out (not enough time to read other stuff with the research I am doing).

Nothing wrong with a nice football book, but man are you missing out.

angrygnome, I don't really know what a TBD book club would entail (or if I'd have time outside my regular reading), but let me know the details and I'd probably be up for it.

Perhaps an OTW sub-forum for people to post book reviews, comments or suggestions?

I say a forum as opposed to a thread because the thread would get long and unwieldy after a while.

Thank you Dr. Ramius, that's pretty much exactly what I meant. A thread/forum where we could discuss and suggest books that we have read; book collecting, where to get good deals on books etc. I was thinking it could be open to all genres of books, and of course sports books. Also, while we're on the subject if anyone in the Buffalo/Niagara area has not yet read the popular Baseball book "Game of Shadows" it is available at both of the Dollar Trees here in the falls. So if your interested and live near a Dollar Tree you should check to see if they have it as well. A good read for $1.08.

Perhaps an OTW sub-forum for people to post book reviews, comments or suggestions?

I say a forum as opposed to a thread because the thread would get long and unwieldy after a while.

when in the history of TSW has that ever happend?

I know there are a lot of readers on this board, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in forming a TBD Book Club? I think it might be cool so reply if your interested.

I think it's a great idea. I read a ton, and a bunch of different genres (e.g., serious fiction, including lots of foreign-author fiction, bunch of non-fiction on topics like politics, sports, religion, philosophy, business, law), so I'd be in.

Did you have a genre in mind?

I think it's a great idea. I read a ton, and a bunch of different genres (e.g., serious fiction, including lots of foreign-author fiction, bunch of non-fiction on topics like politics, sports, religion, philosophy, business, law), so I'd be in.

Did you have a genre in mind?

I was thinking it could be open to all genres of books; Classics, Sports, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Sci-Fi as well as all the ones you listed. Not everyone has to read the same book, so it could be completely open to a few people reading/discussing a certain novel, and others a biography at the same time. One group of readers broken up into smaller sections based on what they want (or are) reading. That way no one is stuck reading something they don't want.

:thumbsup: I'm pretty sure no one here knows nor cares what I'm currently reading. Fully 80% of you couldn't even comprehend it. 50% of you probably wouldn't even be interested, since it doesn't have pictures.

But that's 130% of us. What about the rest?

But that's 130% of us. What about the rest?

It's 100%, but statistically 30% of you are dumb enough for two people.

Really, why the hell would anyone want to know what I read? There's a reason I keep large swaths of my private life private...and despite that, you all think I'm !@#$ed in the head anyway...

I was thinking it could be open to all genres of books; Classics, Sports, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Sci-Fi as well as all the ones you listed. Not everyone has to read the same book, so it could be completely open to a few people reading/discussing a certain novel, and others a biography at the same time. One group of readers broken up into smaller sections based on what they want (or are) reading. That way no one is stuck reading something they don't want.

I would suggest maybe starting it out as a thread; if it generates enough interest, then perhaps you could ask the powers that be if you get a sub-forum. Alternatively, you could start a blog and we could take the book discussion to the blog.

:thumbsup: I'm pretty sure no one here knows nor cares what I'm currently reading. Fully 80% of you couldn't even comprehend it. 50% of you probably wouldn't even be interested, since it doesn't have pictures.

Finally got tired of Where's Waldo?