"Players playing hard for Dick Jauron"

I've read a number of posts that contain words to the effect of, "The players play hard for Dick Jauron".

Can those of you who believe that provide specific proof or examples to back that up? I would be interested to see some tangible information.

I've read a number of posts that contain words to the effect of, "The players play hard for Dick Jauron".

Can those of you who believe that provide specific proof or examples to back that up? I would be interested to see some tangible information.

Players have played hard for all coaches in the NFL with the exception of Hank Bullough.

I have wondered the same thing myself, but keep in mind, when the hounds were out to get Mike Mularkey and Gregg Williams, analysts used the same cliche "they may not win very many games, but these guys play hard for Gregg Williams, there is no quit in his teams"....yadda, yadda, yadda...it doesn't mean much.

Can you provide specific proof of a subjective statement like that about any team or coach? It seems obvious to me, but I don't expect it to be proven, either as a positive or a negative. It's like asking us to prove that ice cream is good.

Can you provide specific proof of a subjective statement like that about any team or coach? It seems obvious to me, but I don't expect it to be proven, either as a positive or a negative. It's like asking us to prove that ice cream is good.

I've always found the "they play hard for Jauron" bit to be utter nonsense. The Bills have been as soft as any team in football the past few years. The only proof is in the W-L record.

I've always found the "they play hard for Jauron" bit to be utter nonsense. The Bills have been as soft as any team in football the past few years. The only proof is in the W-L record.

No losing teams play hard? That's pretty much nonsense, IMO. Talent and coaching come into play, too.

No losing teams play hard? That's pretty much nonsense, IMO. Talent and coaching come into play, too.

I think he was referring to the perception the team seems to lack a certain amount of heart. Nobody on the team seems to be playing with "fear": fear of losing the game, fear of losing their job, etc ...

Real accountability does not exist on the Bills. Until it does, the players will only play hard enough to maintain their position.

I think he was referring to the perception the team seems to lack a certain amount of heart. Nobody on the team seems to be playing with "fear": fear of losing the game, fear of losing their job, etc ...

Real accountability does not exist on the Bills. Until it does, the players will only play hard enough to maintain their position.

And you know this, how?

I have seen them play with what appeared to be intensity, and I have seen them play otherwise. For the most part, I think their effort is better than their record.

Most of the time I see them playing "soft" I attribute it to a very passive scheme.

But none of us really know how "hard" they are playing. Only they know.

And you know this, how?

If we believe the Jauron apologists, all the problems and mistakes were made by the players. Some of the same problems seemed to occur on a regular basis (i.e. play execution). Yet, the same players continued to play and start.

How were the players held accountable for their screw ups? A stern talking? No gold stars? If real accountability existed, I didn't recognize it, and it surely didn't seem to make a difference.

Why did Ko Simpson get benched last season, then? I thought no one lost their job?