Generation Gap study...

Ayup. When will all you old bastards and your socio/religious idiocy croak?

Soon enough.

Government health plans demand that to save costs mean that folks over say, 50, must be denied care. Foodstuffs dangerous to the State coffers will be restricted for the bulk of the population. Chicken wings, beef on weck - will be severely rationed. See the laws bouncing about in NYC recently.

All the debate, such as it is today, is about...cost. As we observe.

The evolutionists win the day when the old moralities and ethics perish. Survival of the fittest - along with a necessary crop to service the evolutionary winners - will supplant the old ideals when the oldsters die out. The most aggressive will dominate, as in the animal kingdom.

If it is all just a matter of evolution, then there must be a master race of humans. Some strains of wheat are better than others. Some cows are better that other cows. Some pigs are better than other pigs.

Bon apetit. Enjoy your brave new world. :cry:

Soon enough.

Government health plans demand that to save costs mean that folks over say, 50, must be denied care. Foodstuffs dangerous to the State coffers will be restricted for the bulk of the population. Chicken wings, beef on weck - will be severely rationed. See the laws bouncing about in NYC recently.

All the debate, such as it is today, is about...cost. As we observe.

The evolutionists win the day when the old moralities and ethics perish. Survival of the fittest - along with a necessary crop to service the evolutionary winners - will supplant the old ideals when the oldsters die out. The most aggressive will dominate, as in the animal kingdom.

If it is all just a matter of evolution, then there must be a master race of humans. Some strains of wheat are better than others. Some cows are better that other cows. Some pigs are better than other pigs.

Bon apetit. Enjoy your brave new world. :thumbsup:

So says every generation. Many old people die of bitterness. Looks like you've decided that will be your path.

So says every generation. Many old people die of bitterness. Looks like you've decided that will be your path.

And some die of sadness for young people, who face propaganda machines that Goebbels could only dream of, and a State bristling with technology to quell threats to its' existence with swift retribution - Tibet and Iran are recent examples.

I don't care how old you are. Don't let them divide us like this. Regardless of when you were born, the following things should be rejected: Twitter, racism, pointless wars, the Jonas Brothers, fear-based dogmatism, child beauty pageants, animal cruelty. The following things need to be preserved or brought back: occasionally spending a little bit of time outdoors, TBD, Beethoven, science, being nice to people, humor, grilled cheese sandwiches.

I think it's interesting that people that were at one end of the biggest generation gap in the 60's find themselves at the other end today.

I am 54 years old, and I totally agree with you. Imo, my generation (including those several years older and younger) had the biggest generation gap in the history of America.

My parents tried, but they had no idea what me and my friends were doing. They trusted schools, thinking that they cared, and would do their jobs. Do you remember the album cover to Are You Experienced? Do ya think they could relate to that? :thumbsup:

I have 3 girls and they can slip something by me, but I tell them to "set their clock very early," because there isn't much that I haven't seen. I understand what they are doing, whereas my parents were too much like their parents to have any idea what was up when I was a kid.

I am not insulting them either; they were far from alone.

Sadly, I think that my generation is in the forefront of screwing things up with the things described by stuckincincy. Bans, strict rules, government seizure of homes (for businesses), and a disregard for religion are just some of the things that my generation is currently marked by. Many people who were once frolicking nude in the mud at Woodstock while stoned on weed and tripping on acid now want bans on noise, eating meat, smoking in bars (you knew I would throw that in :angry: ), etc.

Maybe some day the young people will rebel as our generation did, but they seem to be very indoctrinated from where I sit. I thank God that my daughters have the ability to think for themselves. It is a rare quality these days imo, and it will lead to their success, along with education and the eternal love my wife and I have for them.

Thanks for spurring so much thought.

I don't care how old you are. Don't let them divide us like this. Regardless of when you were born, the following things should be rejected: Twitter, racism, pointless wars, the Jonas Brothers, fear-based dogmatism, child beauty pageants, animal cruelty. The following things need to be preserved or brought back: occasionally spending a little bit of time outdoors, TBD, Beethoven, science, being nice to people, humor, grilled cheese sandwiches.

A f'n men to that :thumbsup:

I think it's interesting that people that were at one end of the biggest generation gap in the 60's find themselves at the other end today.

So that older generation in the 60s would probably be products of WWI, the depression, or WWII, right? I wonder what the current generation's future major world event will be.

So that older generation in the 60s would probably be products of WWI, the depression, or WWII, right? I wonder what the current generation's future major world event will be.

the apocalypse according to most

I heartily recommend Frank Muir's Oxford Book of Humorous Prose, which was "published on April 1 (naturally) by the Oxford University Press."

You will laugh your web feet off, gringo. This is a must-have tome if you are ever stranded on a tropical island.

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/04/10/books/pu...humor-book.html

Telling people what they're doing right now. :thumbsup:

People tend to get more conservative as they age. That will not change.This is a cycle that will continue forever. People will always think that the generation gap they're living thru is the biggest ever.

People tend to get more conservative as they age. That will not change.This is a cycle that will continue forever. People will always think that the generation gap they're living thru is the biggest ever.

And I agree with Bill from NYC on this. When we were kids (70's for me) we got away with so much stuff because our parents were clueless and usually blasted on Manhattans. I'd come home stoned out of my mind on who knows what and my parents had no idea. Now I don't have kids but I imagine I could spot a stoned kid at 100 paces. But then again it's hard to get stoned when you're sitting on the couch texting the person sitting accross the room from you. I am so glad I'm not a kid today and grew up when I did. My 30 year reunion is at the end of July, anyone know where I can score some weed and 'ludes?

And I agree with Bill from NYC on this. When we were kids (70's for me) we got away with so much stuff because our parents were clueless and usually blasted on Manhattans. I'd come home stoned out of my mind on who knows what and my parents had no idea. Now I don't have kids but I imagine I could spot a stoned kid at 100 paces. But then again it's hard to get stoned when you're sitting on the couch texting the person sitting accross the room from you. I am so glad I'm not a kid today and grew up when I did. My 30 year reunion is at the end of July, anyone know where I can score some weed and 'ludes?

You're the same age as me,and I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. Things were alot looser in the '70s. Much cooler time to be a kid. Cruising on Friday and Saturday nites,drive-in movies and parents that didn't yet know the symptoms of being stoned!

You're the same age as me,and I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. Things were alot looser in the '70s. Much cooler time to be a kid. Cruising on Friday and Saturday nites,drive-in movies and parents that didn't yet know the symptoms of being stoned!

And an even bigger one, parents didn't yet sue over every little scrape or cut.

accchhhhh.....

Those young kids today with their juke boxes and hooped skirts wasting their lives away at the malt shop.

They have no respect for their elders.. They're wild.Primitive.

And an even bigger one, parents didn't yet sue over every little scrape or cut.

They yelled at us and told us to be more damn careful and apologized to the owner of the store with the electrical wires on the wet floor.