Kudos to strategic genius Jerry Gray

Folks who questioned Jerry Gray;s strategic ability when his contract was extended should now acknowledge the stunning job Gray has done with the strategic side of the Bills D so far this season.

First, in terms of pure strateg, Gray has put together game plans which for the 8th time this season held an opposing RB under 100 yards. This include two games against Curtis Matin who has been unstoppable in other games he played this season and some pretty good RBs even when we lost the game such as work against Corey Dillion.

I would identify the tactical part of the game as the individual play call which Gray excelled at last year as he learned and mastered a strategy primarily designed by Dick LeBeau. However, i think the fact his work on strategy matches his tactical achievements is best seen in strategic analysis and adaptation he makes at half time.

The Jets actually were shredding our D with their gameplan in the first half as their passing game was torching McGee and gained an impressive 200 yards. However, the team went into the locker room and made changes which held the Jets to 80 yards in the second half (most of which came on one play where McGee slipped).

They held an opponent under the magic 20 point number, delivered critical fumble recoveries and an INT and scored 2 points on their own by taking Martin gown for a safety.

I give Gray and his players a lot of credit for their work, planning and adjustments.