How much of a difference can 8 points make???

lawnboy1977

Looking at the conference standing and then thinking about three of our losses, just shows you how close this league can be, if we needeed any further evidence. We lost our first 2 games by a total of 6 points, and lost to the Jets the first time by 2 points. If we had won those three games, which we could've and should've, then we would be in thrid place in the conference standings right now. Thats a jump of 9 spots in the conference standings past NYJ, SD, DEN, JACK, BALT, IND, HOU, KC, TEN. Thoser 8 points could end up costings us a shot at the playoffs. Let's wait and see.

I don't like bringing the Oakland game into it because we were down 13-3 and got a late TD that didn't make much difference. We didn't hold the lead late or anything.

Even taking that into account however, the other two games we should have won would put us at 5-3 instead of 3-5.

I know I would be feeling a whole lot better about this team at 5-3, that's for sure.

I don't like bringing the Oakland game into it because we were down 13-3 and got a late TD that didn't make much difference.  We didn't hold the lead late or anything.

Even taking that into account however, the other two games we should have won would put us at 5-3 instead of 3-5.

I know I would be feeling a whole lot better about this team at 5-3, that's for sure.

107105[/snapback]

Hell, if we'd just held on to win 1 of those 2 games in which we had a late lead...we'd be 4-4 right now and right in the thick of the playoff chase. As it is now, we have to win 2 straight just to get to .500.

Err, the new math says that if we had scored those 8 points you mention, we'd have three ties. I have a closet full of ties and rarely wear any of them anymore.

The difference in winning those three games would be a total of 11 points:

3 field goals and a safety

One TD and a safety - or more likely...

5 1/2 safeties! <_<

Those games are over. The echo from the final gun has vanished into the stratosphere, and with it any chance of the playoffs this year for the Bills. THAT is the frustration of this season. Three VERY WINNABLE games were SQUANDERED early in the year. Making up that lost ground is next to impossible.

Go Bills. I'm liking the new 'tude.

Err, the new math says that if we had scored those 8 points you mention, we'd have three ties. I have a closet full of ties and rarely wear any of them anymore.

The difference in winning those three games would be a total of 11 points:

3 field goals and a safety

One TD and a safety - or more likely...

5 1/2 safeties! :w00t:

Those games are over. The echo from the final gun has vanished into the stratosphere, and with it any chance of the playoffs this year for the Bills. THAT is the frustration of this season. Three VERY WINNABLE games were SQUANDERED early in the year. Making up that lost ground is next to impossible.

Go Bills. I'm liking the new 'tude.

107167[/snapback]

Ok so you just had to get technical on me huh?!!! I know the 8 points would result in a tie in three games. The oakland game was ours, look at Travis's lost TD. The Jacksonville game was ours until the final play. The NYJ game was ours at the end until the field goal. Great teams win close games, all the time, look at New England. I think evryone understands the point though.

I would just like to mention how I enjoy posting posts that make u think a little bit instead of the constant Bills bashing mind numbiness we constantly see on this board. Thank you.

I don't like bringing the Oakland game into it because we were down 13-3 and got a late TD that didn't make much difference.  We didn't hold the lead late or anything.

107105[/snapback]

True, but there were 3 calls in that game that the NFL Refs apologized for that cost the Bills about 12 points, maybe more.