Coup in Honduras............

Tcali

Child molester? Where is the evidence that Woody was/is a child molester?

If this has to do with Soon-Yi, you may think the relationship is inappropriate, but I'm not sure where you get "child molester" from. Woody began a relationship with, and eventually married, his ex-girlfriend's daughter. As far as I know there is no evidence he began dating her before she turned 17, and it didn't become public until she was 22.

He has never, to my knowledge, been charged with a crime in this matter and his marriage to Soon-Yi demonstrates their relationship, while unusual, is perfectly legal. In case you were unaware, child molestation is illegal in this country.

Perhaps you are referring to something else. If so, I apologize for jumping to the wrong conclusion, and wish you would elaborate.

But, assuming you are talking about his relationship with Soon-Yi, I would rather praise a mans in a perfectly legal relationship that I don't particularly understand, than a person who engages in reckless/slanderous/libelous characterizations of someone whose behavior he doesn't agree with.

But you just keep on preaching the hate.

So an adult man "dating" (read screwing) a 17 year old is ok?

I've been around here long enough to realize that when someone has their mind made up about an issue like this, there's usually no changing their mind. I choose to believe the allegations and evidence against Allen, others can feel free to believe what they want.

Indeed. You seem to have made up your mind.

I will keep my mind open to objective, or at least credible evidence, and won't likely decide on the basis of a site devoted to destroying his reputation.

Since child molesters usually repeat the molestations, I would suspect there would be more reports about Woody's behavior. And isn't it more than a bit unusual for a child molester to marry one of his victims, when the victim is an adult?

Keep on spreading the hate...

I could have sworn the pictures of her nude were taken when she was 15 but everything I've found on the net says Mia found them when Soon Yi was 21 and they had been taken recently.

The couple had split because Allen had been having an affair with Farrow's 17 year-old adopted daughter, Soon Yi

That would have made Woody 52 at the time. I suppose that there just aren't enough women in NYC or the world, for that matter. Woody just had to have his girlfriend's adopted daughter. Nice. :thumbsup:

So an adult man "dating" (read screwing) a 17 year old is ok?

Did I say anything about it being "OK"?

He called Woody a child molester. That is a specific accusation, not a judgment about a relationship. In most states the age of consent is between 16-18, inclusive. By definition, any sexual conduct with someone who has reached the age of consent is NOT child molestation.

Indeed. You seem to have made up your mind.

I will keep my mind open to objective, or at least credible evidence, and won't likely decide on the basis of a site devoted to destroying his reputation.

Since child molesters usually repeat the molestations, I would suspect there would be more reports about Woody's behavior. And isn't it more than a bit unusual for a child molester to marry one of his victims, when the victim is an adult?

Keep on spreading the hate...

Oh please Dean, you're smarter than that. W.A. is rich and powerful. Soon-Yi is a Korean immigrant. You really find it unusual that she married him or that he has stayed married to her to make the best of a bizarre situation?

I'll take Dominican any day. Bought some Puerto Rican cigars from a small factory in San Juan over Easter on my honeymoon. Damn fine smokes. Don Collins I think was the name.

I prefer Nicaraguan over all the others, for the most part. Of course, it depends on the individual smoke.

I love getting cigars right from the rollers. I bought some excellent (and inexpensive) smokes from a small cigar factory from Miami. The owner is from Cuba, originally. Can't remember the name, at the moment.

Did I say anything about it being "OK"?

He called Woody a child molester. That is a specific accusation, not a judgment about a relationship. In most states the age of consent is between 16-18, inclusive. By definition, any sexual conduct with someone who has reached the age of consent is NOT child molestation.

The AOC in NYS is 17.

If a man sleeps with a woman 17 in NYS it's not child molestation it may be morally incorrect but it's not child molestation.

Link

On March 18, 1993, a team of psychological investigators at Yale-New Haven Hospital cleared Woody Allen of sexually molesting Dylan. The findings, which were the results of repeated interviews with Allen, Farrow, Dylan, the child's psychologist, and household servants, were not made public. However, Allen's lawyers reported that the videotape on which Farrow had based the accusation was a result either of the child's imagination or of someone else's manipulation.

Oh please Dean, you're smarter than that. W.A. is rich and powerful. Soon-Yi is a Korean immigrant. You really find it unusual that she married him or that he has stayed married to her to make the best of a bizarre situation?

Actually, I think you are smarter than that. You don't really believe Woody is a child molester. You disapprove of his very odd relationship, and have no conscience when it comes to disparaging him because of it.

If Woody were really a child molester, we'd hear reports of it, no matter how rich he is. In fact, we'd hear reports about it BECAUSE he is rich, if he engaged in any unusual behavior with children. (See Michael Jackson for evidence of that.)

Yes, he married his ex-girlfriend's adopted daughter. He is old, she was much younger. It was/is creepy to most of us, It is neither illegal or child molestation.

I'm surprpised no one mentioned Crimes and Misdemeanors yet. Or Bullets Over Broadway. Or Mighty Aphrodite. Or Deconstructing Harry. These are all top notch. Woody has a really amazing body of work in my opinion.

Mighty Aphrodite was a pleasant surprise.

That would have made Woody 52 at the time. I suppose that there just aren't enough women in NYC or the world, for that matter. Woody just had to have his girlfriend's adopted daughter. Nice. :thumbsup:

Yeah...he just HAD to have his wife's(or whatever she was) daughter. That was sick and shows profound lack of character.

So I just forget about that and still laugh when I reaD HIS BOOKS.

Actually, I think you are smarter than that. You don't really believe Woody is a child molester. You disapprove of his very odd relationship, and have no conscience when it comes to disparaging him because of it.

If Woody were really a child molester, we'd hear reports of it, no matter how rich he is. In fact, we'd hear reports about it BECAUSE he is rich, if he engaged in any unusual behavior with children. (See Michael Jackson for evidence of that.)

Yes, he married his ex-girlfriend's adopted daughter. He is old, she was much younger. It was/is creepy to most of us, It is neither illegal or child molestation.

You are correct. As I said before I could've sworn she was 15 when he took those pictures. I guess he's not a child molester. I concede.

I'm thinking this thread belongs in the threads that go adrift column

Ya think?

:thumbsup:

In the future, perhaps I should do a background check on every artist/author/athlete/etc, before I decide to appreciate or praise their work. If there are any questions, or accusations make in divorces or by others who have a bone to pick against the person, I should believe the worst, and label them with the most disgusting tag I can find.

God Bless America!

BLZFAN4LIFE what is your view on watching old footage of OJ run? I guess you must really hate having to watch that footage and think that it wasn't special.

??

OJ committed his crimes long after his career was over, W.A.'s career has continued for 17 years now. I've always been disgusted by Hollywood types kissing his asz and stroking his ego despite the allegations. And that is what this situation comes down to, which side you choose to believe. I find Mia and the kids to be far more credible than W.A..

OJ committed his crimes long after his career was over

I'm with you on that. OJ was one of the greatest running backs ever, giving Bills fans more to cheer about than they could possibly ask for. After years of entertaining us on the field, he went on to entertain us on the big screen, playing terrific characters like Nordberg in the Naked Gun flicks, and starring in amazing movies like Capricorn One, or in TV shows like "First and Ten." That's not to mention his time as a football commentator.

If you think about it, he's been entertaining us Bills fans in one form or another for over FORTY YEARS. That's forty years of O.J. entertainment and excitement.

The dude has ONE bad day and people get in his schitt.

Makes no sense to me.

I'm with you on that. OJ was one of the greatest running backs ever, giving Bills fans more to cheer about than they could possibly ask for. After years of entertaining us on the field, he went on to entertain us on the big screen, playing terrific characters like Nordberg in the Naked Gun flicks, and starring in amazing movies like Capricorn One, or in TV shows like "First and Ten." That's not to mention his time as a football commentator.

If you think about it, he's been entertaining us Bills fans in one form or another for over FORTY YEARS. That's forty years of O.J. entertainment and excitement.

The dude has ONE bad day and people get in his schitt.

Makes no sense to me.

:thumbsup::angry::wallbash::wallbash: