Coup in Honduras............

Tcali

Hard to pick; Zelig, Broadway Danny Rose, The Purple Rose of Cairo, Annie Hall, Sleeper...

All very good. Zelig is very underrated, IMO.

I'd add Manhattan, Hannah and Her Sisters, Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex, Bananas and What's Up Tiger Lilly to that list. There are other good ones, too.

Has to be Take the Money and Run - it began the mocumentary and without it there woukd be no Spinal Tap (also one of my favorite movies).

It was good, but IMO Zelig perfected the mockumentary.

All very good. Zelig is very underrated, IMO.

I'd add Manhattan, Hannah and Her Sisters, Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex, Bananas and What's Up Tiger Lilly to that list. There are other good ones, too.

Almost everything he does is great. His books are funny as hell too. I love the line from Everything You Wanted To Know About Sex;

Sperm #1: I'm not getting shot out of that thing. What if he's masturbating? I'm liable to end up on the ceiling. :thumbsup:

It was good, but IMO Zelig perfected the mockumentary.

Agreed!

[Zelig thinks he's a psychiatrist.]

Leonard Zelig: I worked with Freud in Vienna. We broke over the concept of penis envy. Freud felt that it should be limited to women.

The Narrator: The Ku Klux Klan, who saw Zelig as a Jew, that could turn himself into a Negro and an Indian, saw him as a triple threat.

Wrist Victim: He was the guy who smashed my car up. It was brand new. Then he backed-up over my mother's wrist. She's elderly... and uses her wrist a lot.

:thumbsup:

So sad, the fate of an entire nation hangs in the balance and we're talking about Woody Allen films. Priorities people :cry:

Exactly. We should be discussing what will happen with Honduran cigars!

(I prefer Nicaraguan smokes and those from the Dominican Republic...and Cuba, of course. So I should be fine. Thanks for thinking of me, though.)

Exactly. We should be discussing what will happen with Honduran cigars!

(I prefer Nicaraguan smokes and those from the Dominican Republic...and Cuba, of course. So I should be fine. Thanks for thinking of me, though.)

I'll take Dominican any day. Bought some Puerto Rican cigars from a small factory in San Juan over Easter on my honeymoon. Damn fine smokes. Don Collins I think was the name.

I'm surprpised no one mentioned Crimes and Misdemeanors yet. Or Bullets Over Broadway. Or Mighty Aphrodite. Or Deconstructing Harry. These are all top notch. Woody has a really amazing body of work in my opinion.

How do you feel about his personal life? Are you proud to praise a child molesting scumbag? Are you into that kind of stuff yourself?

How do you feel about his personal life? Are you proud to praise a child molesting scumbag? Are you into that kind of stuff yourself?

Child molester? Where is the evidence that Woody was/is a child molester?

If this has to do with Soon-Yi, you may think the relationship is inappropriate, but I'm not sure where you get "child molester" from. Woody began a relationship with, and eventually married, his ex-girlfriend's daughter. As far as I know there is no evidence he began dating her before she turned 17, and it didn't become public until she was 22.

He has never, to my knowledge, been charged with a crime in this matter and his marriage to Soon-Yi demonstrates their relationship, while unusual, is perfectly legal. In case you were unaware, child molestation is illegal in this country.

Perhaps you are referring to something else. If so, I apologize for jumping to the wrong conclusion, and wish you would elaborate.

But, assuming you are talking about his relationship with Soon-Yi, I would rather praise a mans in a perfectly legal relationship that I don't particularly understand, than a person who engages in reckless/slanderous/libelous characterizations of someone whose behavior he doesn't agree with.

But you just keep on preaching the hate.

If this has to do with Soon-Yi, you may think the relationship is inappropriate, but I'm not sure where you get "child molester" from. Woody began a relationship with, and eventually married, his ex-girlfriend's daughter. As far as I know there is no evidence he began dating her before she turned 17, and it didn't become public until she was 22.

He has never, to my knowledge, been charged with a crime in this matter and his marriage to Soon-Yi demonstrates their relationship, while unusual, is perfectly legal. In case you were unaware, child molestation is illegal in this country.

Perhaps you are referring to something else. If so, I apologize for jumping to the wrong conclusion, and wish you would elaborate.

But, assuming you are talking about his relationship with Soon-Yi, I would rather praise a mans in a perfectly legal relationship that I don't particularly understand, than a person who engages in reckless/slanderous/libelous characterizations of someone whose behavior he doesn't agree with.

Read this Dean. It's all there. Here are just a few excerpts.

On Aug. 4, 1992, a babysitter claims she saw Allen kneeling in front of Dylan, who was sitting on a couch in the den of the Bridgewater home. Dylan was wearing a dress, but no underpants. She stared blankly at the TV screen. The babysitter told authorities she noticed that Allen's head was between the girl's legs, very close to her crotch.

Over the course of the following 13 months, Dylan would tell her mother, psychologists, doctors, social workers and police that Allen touched her - with the tip of his right index finger - several times that day.

After the couch incident, the child's account has Allen taking her up to the master bedroom and into a crawl space for some father-daughter time to play with a train.

"He put his finger in my vagina. He made me lay on the floor all ways, on my back, on my side, my front. He kissed me all over."

The case was dropped. A child custody trial featured Allen represented by six different law firms. [FARROW, p. 316] Later, the Connecticut state attorney, Frank Maco, announced that "probable cause" for Allen's arrest existed, but that by then Farrow had decided a public trial would be extremely detrimental to the abused child.

"based [on the child's] demeanor and her responses to my questions, and my conversations with the caseworker in Connecticut, and my experiences from interviewing hundreds of children who have been abused, I concluded that abuse did occur and that there was a prima facie cause to commence family-court proceedings against Woody Allen.

In 1993 prosecutor Frank Maco told reporters that he had evidence Allen had sexually abused his daughter but was choosing not to prosecute for the girl's sake.
Seamus, Allen's only biological son with Mia, said: "He's my father married to my sister. That makes me his son and his brother-in-law. That is such a moral transgression. I cannot see him. I cannot have a relationship with my father and be morally consistent." .

Allen, who is 35 years older than Soon-Yi, justifies his relationship with his young wife on the grounds that she is not his real daughter. .

But Seamus, 18, has blasted that justification, saying that it is an "insult" to other children who have been adopted. .

He said: "I lived with all these adopted children, so they are my family. To say Soon-Yi was not my sister is an insult to all adopted children."

Mia adopted Soon-Yi with ex-husband Andre Previn in 1980 but they split soon after and Mia began her relationship with Allen.

However, they broke-up in 1992 when she found nude photographs of Soon-Yi, then 19, on the mantelpiece of Allen's Manhattan apartment.

Mia has never forgiven Allen for the affair, once saying: "It was such a sense of betrayal. Soon-Yi was a kid on the streets of Korea. She was seven when Woody met her."

Woody Allen is a pathetic excuse for a human being. If I ever met him, I would spit in his face for starters. Anyone willing to look past his indiscretions out of enjoyment for his films is despicable.

I've been around here long enough to realize that when someone has their mind made up about an issue like this, there's usually no changing their mind. I choose to believe the allegations and evidence against Allen, others can feel free to believe what they want.

I could have sworn the pictures of her nude were taken when she was 15 but everything I've found on the net says Mia found them when Soon Yi was 21 and they had been taken recently.