How Much Better will the Bills Be in 2009 ?

Kenwick

We'll have the top special team unit again, I can attribute that to Bobby April and his ability to get the most out of his squad.

As per our team, it all boils down to how the lines are playing. If our O-line gives Trent the time, the talent at our skill positions will shine. We had 0 pass Russ last season and ranked 14th, add in a good pass to that & we hit the top ten.

Bottom line is we can be a playoff team with good play and have the talent. Our divisional opponents own health and play will make a massive difference as well. The NYJ are rebuilding their offense and Miami has defensive issue in the secondary that can be exploited with the right plan. NE's Brady is not a sure bet to be healthy & regardless of the reports, he will be gun shy to a point.

A 10-6 record seems reasonable, with chance to go as good as 13-3 with a divisional collapse.

So if I read this correctly and follow it to the logical conclusion, it sounds like the Bills are going to get significantly better, but everyone else the Bills play will get even more significantly better, resulting in the Bills getting worse.

Right?

no...it just means that the teams the Bills play this year are a lot better than the teams the Bills played last year...which means if the Bills from this year, played the same strength teams as the Bills from last year, they would finish with a significantly better record(10-6 or so)...unfortunately the Bills play an extremely tough schedule this year which means they will have more games they are expected to lose...

Let us not forget that the Bills D was AWFUL 2 years ago. An Fewell brought us from 31 to 14 in ranked D. Now I know we never pressured the QB but I think we are only going to get better.

Also I recognize that people on this board will be quick to say that Ellison and Whitner are awful and that Kelsey needs to be cut, however Our D should do very well. The Bend dont break D may bend very little this year......

whitner is far from awful---anyone who says that is pretty clueless...he just hasn't performed as a player picked at his position in the draft should perform, which is why I think so many people are on him...