POZ on TO

SKOOBY

Posluszny finding some celebrity status in Buffalo

Jeff Rice

Centre Daily Times

UNIVERSITY PARK — This much is certain — the most popular Buffalo Bills replica jersey worn by fans in Ralph Wilson Stadium this fall will include the number 1.

The question is, will it be 81 — worn by new Bills wide receiver Terrell Owens — or 51, the digits of third-year linebacker Paul Posluszny?

One of those players, on hand Saturday for The Second Mile Golf Classic at the Penn State Blue and White courses, could not care less.

“The way the NFL is — and college, as well — they need to highlight certain guys for a lot of different reasons,” said Posluszny, the former Penn State All-American. “It’s part of the deal. But the way I feel, the way our game is, the importance of the team is so much more important than any individual.”

Posluszny, who bounced back from an injury-shortened rookie year in 2007 to become the Bills’ leading tackler last season, became an instant fan favorite in blue-collar Buffalo with his dogged play and unwavering humility.

Owens, one of the game’s most gifted players, tends to take the opposite approach with the media and was involved in highly visible squabbles with teammates in previous stints with San Francisco, Philadelphia and Dallas. He signed a one-year, $6.5 million contract with the Bills in March. His new teammate said Owens has been a model citizen to date.

“He’s been absolutely great,” Posluszny said. “He’s actually been the exact opposite of what everyone had said before. He’s been a great teammate. He’s very quiet in the locker room and at practice, he just goes about his business. Works extremely hard at practice and does everything he can to help us. He’s going to help us win.”

Owens, one of the game's most gifted players, tends to take the opposite approach with the media and was involved in highly visible squabbles with teammates in previous stints with San Francisco, Philadelphia and Dallas. He signed a one-year, $6.5 million contract with the Bills in March. His new teammate said Owens has been a model citizen to date.

"He's been absolutely great," Posluszny said. "He's actually been the exact opposite of what everyone had said before. He's been a great teammate. He's very quiet in the locker room and at practice, he just goes about his business. Works extremely hard at practice and does everything he can to help us. He's going to help us win."

Hasn't Poz read what the media has said about TO? What a doofus. :thumbsup:

Thank you. Maybe now that the original post has been modified, maybe I should change mine. Nah.

Thanks in return for the heads-up on the story's origin, saving me the trouble. (I hadn't checked the TBD front page at that point.) I'm pretty sure one of Jeff's coworkers reads this board, and that's an e-mail I wouldn't have enjoyed receiving.

As a former roommate of a legal aide to an attorney specializing in foreign business with an emphasis in international product amelioration with caustic enventurisms, I feel like I should point out that according to the Sweenheart-Tuft Act of 1886 posters may legally reproduce an entire article as long as it is done in Courier font and transmitted from offshore. I am pretty sure of this and will soon post it on Wikipedia for everyone.

As a former roommate of a legal aide to an attorney specializing in foreign business with an emphasis in international product amelioration with caustic enventurisms, I feel like I should point out that according to the Sweenheart-Tuft Act of 1886 posters may legally reproduce an entire article as long as it is done in Courier font and transmitted from offshore. I am pretty sure of this and will soon post it on Wikipedia for everyone.

:thumbsup:

someone please translate this?