So Nobody shivs a get about this 'Global Warming' bill on the

The Dem's are forcing through a bill that will increase all of our taxes and adds another form of welfare to our nation and all anyone cares about is Jacko dying?

And it's 1200 pages long. But not to worry, because as I once heard an influential politician state "Nobody reads the whole bill around here".

People, we are getting what we asked for...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dem's are forcing through a bill that will increase all of our taxes and adds another form of welfare to our nation and all anyone cares about is Jacko dying?

And it's 1200 pages long. But not to worry, because as I once heard an influential politician state "Nobody reads the whole bill around here".

People, we are getting what we asked for...

Who is this "we" you are referring to? Who couldn't see this crap coming: This is important legislation because we're facing the worst (fill in the blank) since (fill in the blank) and if we don't (fill in the blank) immediatley, we can expect to see (fill in the blank) take place faster than ever in the history of the (fill inthe blank).

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Fkcu the economy. Because when everyone is poor, no one is poor.

Yes we are getting what we asked for, given that the majority of voters agreed with Obama regarding the need to address our energy needs and global warming. And when you have enough votes to pass legislation, it's not forced, it's the will of the majority.

Yes we are getting what we asked for, given that the majority of voters agreed with Obama regarding the need to address our energy needs and global warming. And when you have enough votes to pass legislation, it's not forced, it's the will of the majority.

We'll see what the majority of voters say in the next two years when they see their energy costs go sky high to address an issue that hasn't even been properly addressed yet.

But hey, Obama isn't raising their taxes, so that's good news, huh?

Who is this "we" you are referring to? Who couldn't see this crap coming: This is important legislation because we're facing the worst (fill in the blank) since (fill in the blank) and if we don't (fill in the blank) immediatley, we can expect to see (fill in the blank) take place faster than ever in the history of the (fill inthe blank).

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Fkcu the economy. Because when everyone is poor, no one is poor.

I stand corrected. I should have said "You people". But 'we' as in 'we the people' are getting !@#$ in the arse by these fools running our country.

We'll see what the majority of voters say in the next two years when they see their energy costs go sky high to address an issue that hasn't even been properly addressed yet.

But hey, Obama isn't raising their taxes, so that's good news, huh?

I am actually finding all of this to be funny. It seems to me that no matter what President Obamas stance is people on this board will ALWAYS find the negative side. And really that is with pretty much EVERY subject.

I am waiting for people to cry about them using a Hawaiian theme for the party at the White House.

Here's a tidbit of info for you to think about.

Utilities have predicted their future needs along with all the associated fuel types and all sorts of associated costs. They have used estimated figures of the proposed Cap and Trade program. These numbers, even with the Cap and Trade inflated cost of burning the evil dirty coal, show that coal is still a more economical route than natural gas.

So what is this program doing?

It's certainly not making it financially irresponsible to burn coal, which in turn would have given the company an incentive to be green.

So if this Cap and Trade program gives no incentive to be green, what is it's real purpose?

I am actually finding all of this to be funny. It seems to me that no matter what President Obamas stance is people on this board will ALWAYS find the negative side. And really that is with pretty much EVERY subject.

I am waiting for people to cry about them using a Hawaiian theme for the party at the White House.

You are going to find it very funny when you dish out some major $$ over the next few years.

You know who Martin Feldstein is? Probably not, here is what he has to say:

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/f...ap-and-tax.aspx

The cap-and-trade legislation supported by the Obama administration is a stealth strategy for a massive long-term tax increase. It is a large tax on all American households, and the tax burden rises in future years without any need for further legislation. It will evolve into an enormous new source of tax revenue for the government.

Here's what the CBO has to say about it:

The Congressional Budget Office estimates that reducing the level of CO2 to 15% less than the total level of U.S. emissions in 2005 would require permit prices that would increase the cost of living of a typical household by $1,600 a year. To put that $1,600 carbon tax in perspective, a typical family of four with earnings of $50,000 now pays an income tax of about $3,000. The tax imposed by the cap-and-trade system is therefore equivalent to raising the family’s income tax by about 50%.

Warren Buffett says: calls it a “huge tax” and “fairly regressive” that will harm “an awful lot of people.”

I believe in the importance in fighting global warming.

That said, this bill (and the way the deliberations have been managed, producing a sweeping solution with no national consensus and no international matching) will likely damage our economy with no meaningfull gain. On the contrary, the politicians will check off their little global warming box, tut-tut the costs, and chop off at the knees any further discussion of what ought to be done. We are now taking an economic hit because of the bill, so the problem must be solved, right? All in all, more harm than good if the problem is as serious was proponents such as myself believe. A global problem requires a global solution.

Of course you think this is funny. You'd lower your prices just to help make things more even for everyone. Why should anything be surprised that you find the humor in taxing people for the sake of addressing a "problem" that isn't even verified as a problem.

Tax everyone. Spend more. Build the cars. Run the banks. Give amnesty and health care to illegals. Dictate income. Outlaw carbon dioxide.

Only the government can save us from ourselves.

Yep, can't say I'm surprised you'd find the humor in this at all.

Of course you think this is funny. You'd lower your prices just to help make things more even for everyone. Why should anything be surprised that you find the humor in taxing people for the sake of addressing a "problem" that isn't even verified as a problem.

Tax everyone. Spend more. Build the cars. Run the banks. Give amnesty and health care to illegals. Dictate income. Outlaw carbon dioxide.

Only the government can save us from ourselves.

Yep, can't say I'm surprised you'd find the humor in this at all.

Wow. I never said I would lower prices. Wait to interpret though. I have also NEVER said "Tax everyone. Spend more. Build the cars. Run the banks. Give amnesty and health care to illegals. Dictate income. Outlaw carbon dioxide. Only the government can save us from ourselves."

Good job though. You rock. :worthy:

You are going to find it very funny when you dish out some major $$ over the next few years.

You know who Martin Feldstein is? Probably not, here is what he has to say:

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/f...ap-and-tax.aspx

The cap-and-trade legislation supported by the Obama administration is a stealth strategy for a massive long-term tax increase. It is a large tax on all American households, and the tax burden rises in future years without any need for further legislation. It will evolve into an enormous new source of tax revenue for the government.

Here's what the CBO has to say about it:

The Congressional Budget Office estimates that reducing the level of CO2 to 15% less than the total level of U.S. emissions in 2005 would require permit prices that would increase the cost of living of a typical household by $1,600 a year. To put that $1,600 carbon tax in perspective, a typical family of four with earnings of $50,000 now pays an income tax of about $3,000. The tax imposed by the cap-and-trade system is therefore equivalent to raising the family’s income tax by about 50%.

Warren Buffett says: calls it a “huge tax” and “fairly regressive” that will harm “an awful lot of people.”

Thanks for posting. I have already read those statements.

Wow. I never said I would lower prices. Wait to interpret though. I have also NEVER said "Tax everyone. Spend more. Build the cars. Run the banks. Give amnesty and health care to illegals. Dictate income. Outlaw carbon dioxide. Only the government can save us from ourselves."

Good job though. You rock. :worthy:

Replace "government" with "unions," though...

I think this one's more on our friend Nancy Pelosi.

I think this one's more on our friend Nancy Pelosi.

Waxman and Pelosi are definitely a big part of it, but this is a "top priority" for Obama. He has stated that on more than a few occassions, and the only reason why I believe Buffett was slamming Pelosi on Cap-and-Trade was to deflect his opposition away from BO .

I believe in the Labor Movement. Shoot me. Better than putting on rose colored glasses and think that workers are always treated fairly.

Yeah, your rose-colored "unions can do no wrong glasses" are much better. :worthy:

Like my Mom used to say....Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it

You know who Martin Feldstein is?

Wasn't he in Goonies and Stand By Me?

Yeah, your rose-colored "unions can do no wrong glasses" are much better. :worthy:

I thought he was wearing his dark "all employees are treated like slaves if they don't have a union to protect them" glasses.