Favorite Nam movie

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Full Metal Jacket, Kubrick was way ahead of his time and one of the greatest directors of all time.

Platoon is also a great movie with an all-star cast, IMO.

I haven't seen Apocalypse Now, but from what I hear it's one of the best.

So you're the one.

For me, Deer Hunter was my favorite, Apocalypse Now was the best film and filmmaking, Full Metal jacket was the most entertaining, but Platoon gave me more of a visceral and emotional reaction to a movie than any other I have ever been at in a theatre. Some of the scenes with the dudes walking through the brush and not knowing who was around were astounding.

For me, Deer Hunter was my favorite, Apocalypse Now was the best film and filmmaking, Full Metal jacket was the most entertaining, but Platoon gave me more of a visceral and emotional reaction to a movie than any other I have ever been at in a theatre. Some of the scenes with the dudes walking through the brush and not knowing who was around were astounding.

Did you see 2002's Quiet American with Michael Caine?

HBO's documentary 'Letters Home from VietNam' is a great piece of work.

As for dramas, hard to beat the aforementioned 'Dear Hunter' and 'Platoon.'

Being a Kubrick fan it's hard for me to say I thought 'FMJ' was only good for about the first half of the movie.

Just as I suspected...nobody reads my posts. :(

Aww it's ok.

In FMJ when they are on the chopper and the door gunner is gunnin' down VC in the rice fields. Joker asks something to the effect of "How do you shoot women and children?" Gunners reply is "Easy, you don't lead em as much!"

Awesome.

Hamburger Hill, Apocolypse Now, We Were Soldiers are great.

What about Bat 21, with Gene Hackman.

What was the one with Michael J Fox, when he and three others took the female prisoner? I can't remember the title of that one, but it was ok.

And the newest installment, Tropic Thunder :worthy:

Aww it's ok.

In FMJ when they are on the chopper and the door gunner is gunnin' down VC in the rice fields. Joker asks something to the effect of "How do you shoot women and children?" Gunners reply is "Easy, you don't lead em as much!"

Awesome.

Hamburger Hill, Apocolypse Now, We Were Soldiers are great.

What about Bat 21, with Gene Hackman.

What was the one with Michael J Fox, when he and three others took the female prisoner? I can't remember the title of that one, but it was ok.

And the newest installment, Tropic Thunder :worthy:

Casualties of War.. as I recall, doesn't he stop the other soldiers from raping her?

Casualties of War.. as I recall, doesn't he stop the other soldiers from raping her?

Yeah, that is the one. Didn't she fall off of a bridge, or jump or something like that? I only saw the movie on Showtime once, and that was it. Never saw it again.

Forgot about that one. Michael J. Fox as the lone good guy trying to save the girl. They end up killing her, right?