Michael Jackson dead - Cardiac Arrest

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As per the digitalbits.com:

Anyway, we bring it up here because we've gotten a lot of e-mails over the weekend about Michael Jackson's Thriller video. A lot of people are wondering when it will be released on DVD or Blu-ray. The answer is that it was released by Sony Music on the Michael Jackson: HIStory - Video Greatest Hits DVD. (Thanks to Bits reader Michael D. for the heads-up.) We suspect a LOT more Jackson material is going to start arriving on disc in the months and years ahead. We have learned that the full final rehearsal for what would have been Jackson's upcoming London comeback concert run was recorded both on audio and high-definition video.

I had thought that was what Mr. Jackson was talking about; I suppose I was wrong.

Yeaaaaa, MJ in 1080p and lossless audio!!!! Now everyone can support the format. :thumbsup:

Linky

Guess who's paying for the MJ memorial? The whole 2.5 million shmere.

ETA: The city is going to be getting a lot of tax revenue from hotel stays, restaurant taxes, rental cars, gas and other things to. It may actually end up making money for them. :flirt:

I did have that thought right away as well. "Tourism" tax dollars.

Not just this week but if they can figure out a way to get Neverland zoned for a museum it will continue way into the future.

I think there is a reasonable chance it may happen. The main gate will probably never be used again but with all of his land I'm thinking there has to be an area suitable for an entrance and parking lot. I don't know if his property is surrounded by property owned by others or if there is some of it up against a road out of an area that would find it disturbing. JMO

Fox showed the Michael Jackson episode of the Simpsons tonight. This is the one where a mental patient (who's white, bald, and overweight) talks with Jackson's voice.

That episode originally aired in 1991. Also known as the year I graduated from college. :flirt:

Are you an "Elitist" for criticizing the overhype of Jackson's media coverage?

HOWARD KURTZ: Don't you feel deep down that this is overdoing it?

DON LEMON, CNN ANCHOR: No, I don't feel it's overdoing it. And I don't -- and when I hear people say that, I have to be very honest with you, Howie, I think it's elitist. I don't remember -- I'm sure there was some criticism when there was the coverage of Princess Diana's death, but I don't think that there was this sort of criticism that we're having with Michael Jackson.

Michael Jackson is an accidental civil rights leader, an accidental pioneer. He broke ground and barriers in so many different realms in artistry, in pictures, in movies, in music, you name it. So, no, I don't think it's overkill.

:flirt: