Car question

Would you rather own

a) a 96 buick regal with 98k. all you pay is $65 a month insurance. loaded.

OR

b) 04 pontiac grand am with 95k. all you pay is $100 a month insurance. loaded.

A white 1993 Ford Bronco, former NFL player/tag along included as a driver.

Would you rather own

OR

Where the hell are you getting your insurance?!

$780/yr. for a 1996 regal? and $1,200/yr. for a 1996 Regal? You aren't planning to put collision insurance on these cars are you? I pay $800 a year for everything included insurance with a $500 deductible.

Where the hell are you getting your insurance?!

$780/yr. for a 1996 regal? and $1,200/yr. for a 1996 Regal? You aren't planning to put collision insurance on these cars are you? I pay $800 a year for everything included insurance with a $500 deductible.

I don't understand what you mean here

$780/yr. for a 1996 regal? and $1,200/yr. for a 1996 Regal?

I go through Geico. My insurance is pretty cheap IMO unless you can find cheaper. I figure if i get into an accident...why fix a 96 buick?

How old are you and what is your accident/ticket history? Are you planning to carry collision on it?

I have a 2005 Ford Focus SES and I'm only paying $800/yr. If your over 40 or have been married then your insurance should be a lot lower than that IMO. Call State Farm and at least get a quote. They've been really good to me when I've had to make a claim on my windshield, twice.

How old are you and what is your accident/ticket history? Are you planning to carry collision on it?

I have a 2005 Ford Focus SES and I'm only paying $800/yr. If your over 40 or have been married then your insurance should be a lot lower than that IMO. Call State Farm and at least get a quote. They've been really good to me when I've had to make a claim on my windshield, twice.

22 yrs. no accidents ever.

Would you rather own

OR

You haven't supplied enough info to give you a really informed opinion, but based on the info you did give:

2004. Without question.

really? I thought i was out of it

I'm content with how much i pay

Under 25 is very high risk. With full collision and maxing out all insurance options on a new Lexus, I was recently paying only about 1200/year. My wife pays less than 1K/year on her brand new Prius. For a car we sold recently that didn't have collision, I think we were paying 600/year. All with the Lizard.

That's the difference between 38 and 22.

Oh, and with no other information, go with the 5 year old car over the 13 year old one.

Under 25 is very high risk. With full collision and maxing out all insurance options on a new Lexus, I was recently paying only about 1200/year. My wife pays less than 1K/year on her brand new Prius. For a car we sold recently that didn't have collision, I think we were paying 600/year. All with the Lizard.

That's the difference between 38 and 22.

Oh, and with no other information, go with the 5 year old car over the 13 year old one.

And don't get collision insurance on them. The price you pay for collision isn't worth it on such an old car with so many miles. JMO

Would you rather own

OR

that's like asking if you would rather have gonorrhea or clamidia...

why are those your only two choices?