Shaq Gets Traded To Cleveland

H2o

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4285489

I think Shaq is too old to make that much of an impact, but playing with Lebron could open the floor up alot more for him. If they get a TRUE PG in the rest of the offseason (there's word that Rhondo is on the block), this could be a championship threat for real next year.

Is Ben Stein included?

PTR

I think Shaq is too old to make that much of an impact, but playing with Lebron could open the floor up alot more for him. If they get a TRUE PG in the rest of the offseason (there's word that Rhondo is on the block), this could be a championship threat for real next year.

Well, Shaq may not have that much of an impact, though I think he would help, he isn't the guy that is going to put the Cavs over the top. I have heard he isn't thrilled with going to Clevland, and there is noting more ineffective than an unmotivated Shaq...if he is happy, he will be an upgrade for the Cavs. They still need another piece.

A true point guard would help the Cavs more, but, don't count on it being Rondo. Danny Ainge is on record as saying that Rondo is NOT going to be traded (for what that is worth), and even if he were traded, the Celtics would never trade him to the Cavs...Boston, Orlando and Clevland will likely be battling out next season for the Conference title, the C's aren't going to help them. Besides, what would the Cavs be able to give the Celtics for Rondo?

We here in Cleveland pretty much knew this was coming. Wallace is too broken down, and Sasha Pavlovic was never going to be a star.

It's the right move, IMO. It may also be Shaq's last chance at a ring. There's some chance that the Cavaliers may try to move way up in the draft tonight, but I don't know what they can part with at this point, besides Varejao.

I have heard he isn't thrilled with going to Clevland, and there is noting more ineffective than an unmotivated Shaq...if he is happy, he will be an upgrade for the Cavs. They still need another piece.

Not sure about the accuracy of the rumor either way, but I think your comment here is spot on. If Shaq doesn't want to play, he will probably hurt the team as much as help. If he does get motivated to win a Championship, or something else motivates him, he will help a lot. Shaq was way better than people thought he would be last year, the team around him, coaching, front office, constant new faces and changes, and the lack of a consistent game plan and offense ruined the Suns, not O'Neil. Shaq was remarkably effective and active.

Not sure about the accuracy of the rumor either way, but I think your comment here is spot on. If Shaq doesn't want to play, he will probably hurt the team as much as help. If he does get motivated to win a Championship, or something else motivates him, he will help a lot. Shaq was way better than people thought he would be last year, the team around him, coaching, front office, constant new faces and changes, and the lack of a consistent game plan and offense ruined the Suns, not O'Neil. Shaq was remarkably effective and active.

18 pts and 8 rebs. Not too many centers can match that. The trick is keeping him healthy until the playoffs.

The real question is whether Shaq is better than Wallace/Pov. The answer to that must be yes.

Cavs had zero big man presence. Varejao and Ilgauskas both provided nothing. SHaq can at least draw double teams and feed the ball to Lebron or the guards. I like this team more now. Wallace wasn't even starting most games and had a big cap figure. Addition by subtraction there.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but yesterday afternoon at around 4:40 pm here in Philly, my g/f and I were out getting a bite to eat at a California Pizza Kitchen about 5 miles from downtown in a very popular burb. As we were eating I looked over an noticed a familiar athlete but couldn't put my finger on who it was. I was telling my girlfriend that he played basketball and I thought he played for the 76ers.

When the dude got up to leave, he was huge, tallest person I have ever seen in my life. The restaurant managers and back of the house staff all were in the dining area of the restaurant and I approached them and asked who it was. They said that it was Zydrunas Ilgauskas, aka "The Big Z". I thought it was pretty random seeing the 2nd tallest player in the NBA, a day after his previous team made a big trade to replace him, at a little random chain restaurant in the suburbs of Philly.

Lebron finally got a true big man in the middle.

Big Z could still start at power forward even thought he is as soft a 7fter I have ever seen in my life. But this allows him to play away from the basket and that's his game

They didn't get shaq for the regular season. He should be well rested going into the playoffs. But to me they need one more outside shooter to win it.

Mo Williams, Lebron, Shaq, Big Z, can win in the playoffs. But can they get past Boston if KG comes back? Big question there.

Lebron finally got a true big man in the middle.

Big Z could still start at power forward even thought he is as soft a 7fter I have ever seen in my life. But this allows him to play away from the basket and that's his game

They didn't get shaq for the regular season. He should be well rested going into the playoffs. But to me they need one more outside shooter to win it.

Mo Williams, Lebron, Shaq, Big Z, can win in the playoffs. But can they get past Boston if KG comes back? Big question there.

Big Z is a free agent.

I think this is a cavalier like move..BAD. Shaq will probbly just slow them down. And the CAVS problem in the conf finals was interior D. They got Shaq to play interior D??? He couldn't play D when he was 29..hows he gonna play D at 38?

Aquiring Shaq doesn't get them closer to beating the lakers.....it really doesn't.

David Stern is already dreaming of a LA Lakers versus Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals matchup next year. Don't be surprised if Dwight Howard gets the "Nancy Kerrigan Treatment" if the Cavs and Magic face off in the conference finals again next year.