(LAMP) My first dog

Fezmid

My wife's been wanting a dog for a few years, but I've kept putting it off and putting it off. The main reason was that she was still getting her MBA and not getting home until late at night, and I didn't want to take care of a dog (already have a couple of cats).

Today she stopped at the humane society and saw a dog that she fell in love with. As soon as I got home, she insisted that we go look at him. Well, how could I say no to either of them? So we adopted a 2 year old stray puppy. He's half Bichon Frise and half mutt, weighs about 22 pounds, and has apparently done some obedience training as he responds to "sit" and "drop." He's very well mannered (so far - he's only been home for 3 hours... <_< ). Now to introduce him to the two cats... :worthy:

Anyway, here's his picture. Just wanted to share - and if anyone has a good name, fire away. :worthy:

http://www.fezam.com/puppy.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife's been wanting a dog for a few years, but I've kept putting it off and putting it off. The main reason was that she was still getting her MBA and not getting home until late at night, and I didn't want to take care of a dog (already have a couple of cats).

Today she stopped at the humane society and saw a dog that she fell in love with. As soon as I got home, she insisted that we go look at him. Well, how could I say no to either of them? So we adopted a 2 year old stray puppy. He's half Bichon Frise and half mutt, weighs about 22 pounds, and has apparently done some obedience training as he responds to "sit" and "drop." He's very well mannered (so far - he's only been home for 3 hours... <_< ). Now to introduce him to the two cats... :worthy:

Anyway, here's his picture. Just wanted to share - and if anyone has a good name, fire away. :worthy:

http://www.fezam.com/puppy.jpg

Congratulations on the cute puppy! My name suggestion: "Tim Howard." Or "Jozy"

How 'bout:

Sony

<_<

Okay, okay in all seriousness how about:

Einstein

He kinda looks a little Albert Einsteinesque... Shaggy hair and all!

That's actually very good.

My suggestion is: Geppetto

That's actually very good.

My suggestion is: Geppetto

I like Geppetto! <_<:worthy: Kinda looks like a puppet master!

My family (mainly the wife and children :ph34r::worthy: ) just got a 2 month old kitten (we have a 13 year old cat too)... We named him: Tesla. He is very "electric" and like Uncle Fester, he is wireless but NOT DC!!

:bag:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, so cuuuuute! <_<

He looks kinda like AJ's dog Fozzie.

Sure does!

Fez, you'll love that little guy. Bichons have about as much personality as you could possibly want in a dog. My Bichon will be 14 next month, but you'd never guess it. These are circus dogs in France, and they are a blast when they get going. My brother used to call mine "Barry Sanders" cause they make very quick cuts when they run around.

That being said, my suggestion for a nickname since Lana didn't use it for her dog would be "Burger".