Mcgee a goat?

Tisaruse

The Jets really made it a point to attack him, as most teams will do with an inexperienced corner. They had some (too much, imo) success doing so but it was a cheap lesson for a guy who is learning how to play at this level right in front of our eyes. I wouldn't go so far as to give him a goat after he played a major role in the play that changed (and, imo ultimately decided) this game, but he he didn't have a good day in the secondary so calling him out is not entirely out of line.

Cya

On the bills daily McGee got the Goat but I'm wondering if the PTB forgot he picked up a fumble that led to a Bills score.  What's up with labelling him a goat this week?

106967[/snapback]

He had a really tough game, slipping all over unneccessarily, and giving up not only a lot of 10-20 yard passes but a late gift TD that got the jets back into the game late. While he made a nice return on the fumble, it was just laying there for the taking rather than him making a great play.

On the bills daily McGee got the Goat but I'm wondering if the PTB forgot he picked up a fumble that led to a Bills score.  What's up with labelling him a goat this week?

106967[/snapback]

I agree with the goat - McGee was toasted all day long in the secondary. He is emerging as a solid return man and I think he can be a decent corner, but he gets picked on and until he proves he can step up opposing QBs will continue to throw his way.

I know he recovered a fumble, but when you look at his whole game and what he's paid to do (play CB), he didn't do that well today.

given the pick and run...................that doesn't negate his awesome pick and the score that ensued.

It wasn't a pick T, it was a fumble recovery.

The return was a nice one 'til he ran out of gas, but the turnover itself was made by yet anotehr hustling effort from Fletcher.

Cya

106967[/snapback]

He gave up almost 150 yards passing today.

The Jets really made it a point to attack him, as most teams will do with an inexperienced corner. They had some (too much, imo) success doing so but it was a cheap lesson for a guy who is learning how to play at this level right in front of our eyes. I wouldn't go so far as to give him a goat after he played a major role in the play that changed (and, imo ultimately decided) this game, but he he didn't have a good day in the secondary so calling him out is not entirely out of line.

Cya

106974[/snapback]

He'll definitley get better as the year goes on. He had some plays where he was right there to make the play but misjudged the flight of the ball.

<<He'll definitley get better as the year goes on. He had some plays where he was right there to make the play but misjudged the flight of the ball>>

He also averaged 23 yds on returns.

Mayhaps not worth mentioning in the plus column but not a goat.