Frank Reich to speak in Chautauqua on Monday

Frank Reich, a former Buffalo Bills quarterback, will speak on the topic "Call to Courage" from 7 to 8 p.m., Monday, in the Hall of Philosophy in Chautauqua Institution.

<_<

Reich led the Bills to one of the greatest comebacks in NFL playoff history.

As far as I know, the comeback game against Houston was the biggest comeback in any NFL game, period. Is there some other, more significant comeback game of which I'm unaware?

Click here for the full article.

<_<

As far as I know, the comeback game against Houston was the biggest comeback in any NFL game, period. Is there some other, more significant comeback game of which I'm unaware?

Click here for the full article.

I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but that's still the NFL record comeback. This might interest you also: Reich was the architect of the greatest comeback in NCAA history also. Until it was broken.

"The biggest highlight of Reich's college career was the comeback he led against the University of Miami Hurricanes on November 10, 1984 at the Orange Bowl Stadium. Reich came off the bench to play for Stan Gelbaugh, who had previously replaced him as the starter after Reich separated his shoulder in the 4th week of the season against Wake Forest. Miami quarterback Bernie Kosar had led the 'Canes to a 31-0 lead at halftime. At the start of the third quarter, Reich led the Maryland Terrapins on a scoring drive after scoring drive. Three touchdowns in the third quarter and a fourth at the start of the final quarter turned what was a blowout into a close game. With the score 34-28 Miami, Reich hit Greg Hill with a 68-yard touchdown pass which deflected off the hands of Miami safety Darrell Fullington to take the lead. Maryland scored once more to cap an incredible 42-9 second half, and won the game 42-40, completing what was then the biggest comeback in NCAA history.

This comeback from 31 points down has since been overtaken by the Michigan State University Spartans' 41-38 comeback win in 2006 over the Northwestern University Wildcats during which Michigan State trailed 38-3 in the third quarter."

The other Maryland QB, Stan Gelbaugh was also a Buffalo Bill later on. Bernie Kosar has gotten a lot of run here recently. He was the victim on this day. Greg Hill was a first round draft pick of the KC Chiefs.