Threads that go adrift

BuffaloBill

I was just mentioning to Exiled In Illinois that it is funny how a thread can start out on one topic and then eventually drift and become a series of exchanges about something very different. Perhaps this is just a cyberspace game of "pass the secret" down a line of kids (like in pre-school) only to find none of the original content makes it to the last kid in line.

For those of you who have been on the board for a while have there been any memorable threads that started out on one topic and then went far adrift into another?

I laughed my azz off when someone brought up the best threads in history one a while back - Rettata is without a doubt in my mind one that should be printed, framed and hung somewhere in a Hall of Fame. Perhaps there are other gems out there that fall in a slightly different category.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<_<:worthy::worthy:

Anyone with my posts in it! :bag:

You should get a load of my family functions... Between my father and I, the rest think we are the worst... Oh, my father has a "personal space" of about 1/2"... :lol::lol: Totally freaks some out!

Free form baby! That is where it at.

Also... We should have a poetry slam thread too! :lol::ph34r:

Did I just side track this thread? :bag:

Any thread that has one of the following:

Flutie is better than RJ, Just give Losman a chance, Edwards sucks, trade Peters <_<

I tried to do a search so I could link a couple, but I got a message that said "Ha Ha Ha...No search is necessary, just read every thread" :worthy:

So anyone watching the College World Series?

(Hopefully people got the joke here.)

No. But I was watching the Yankees, Cubs, and Sox game all at once! :worthy:

Yay Yankees... MR with his second ever career at bat almost got a basesloaded RBI! :bag: That ex-Cubbie jackass Rick Sutcliffe (ESPN) was almost made to look like Jeanne Dixon. "I predict Mariano Riveria will get an RBI." :ph34r:

Ha Cubs... What a bunch of jackasses... Super Cubbies, super letdown! :bag:

And the Sox spanked the Dodgers! <_<:worthy:

A good night in baseball! Too bad the Faux Sox beat the Nationals... Wouldn't that have been great if the Nats beat them... Oh, well.

I know I commented in a thread in the last couple of weeks that "this thread has taken a strange turn". But for the life of me I can't remember which thread it was. :worthy:

Isn't that what the "find memeber's posts" option is for? <_<

i never read the thread of all threads - "I am a horrible person". can someone give it to me in a nutshell?

ps - anyone know a good currency conversion site?

pps - what is the best site for downloading movies?

i never read the thread of all threads - "I am a horrible person". can someone give it to me in a nutshell?

That had to do with Ed and sex. I can't remember exactly what, however. It's been ages since I read it.

That had to do with Ed and sex. I can't remember exactly what, however. It's been ages since I read it.

As I recall, he kissed a girl, and afterwards felt unclean.

Retatta, however, is the mother!@#$ing king of all threads that swerve off their original topic.

As I recall, he kissed a girl, and afterwards felt unclean.

Retatta, however, is the mother!@#$ing king of all threads that swerve off their original topic.

Thats it? ed kissed a hog and he's a horrible human being for that? 60 damn pages for absolute crap? what a waste.