Anybody planning to watch ABC's Obama

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FDR had his "Fireside Chats." Now I am not comparing that with Obama... I am just saying I wonder how that would be viewed in today's age when everybody is a "merciless critic" that has that can voice thier opinion around the world via their fingertips/keyboard.

Wait... FDR was a Dem... <_<

Who were really the past president's that harnessed modern media (radio, tv, etc...) the best?

I hope this (Obama's) is better than "Operation Fishhook" or "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

:worthy:

I caught a little bit as I was flipping thru the channels after South Park last night (part I of Pandemic)

Gotta love those (pre-determined) questions from the (pre-screened) town hall participants. Talk about an open and honest forum <_<

I caught a little bit as I was flipping thru the channels after South Park last night (part I of Pandemic)

Gotta love those (pre-determined) questions from the (pre-screened) town hall participants. Talk about an open and honest forum <_<

And you didn't expect that? That happens in all town hall meetings with politicians.

That catchy slogan helped get Obama elected. Too bad all the libs didn't bother to ask him something like, ummm, "Can you be more specific?"

I believe before they were elected it was "Change we can believe in" and "Yes We Can". And then it turned into the other. Either way it's awfully dumb to post that slogan every time one disagrees. And even dumber to be upset over supposedly screened questions in a Town Hall.

I am quite sure that every other politician out there has some staged or screened questions. To have outrage over this.. again dumb.

To bad the right doesn't know how to market their politicians.

I believe before they were elected it was "Change we can believe in" and "Yes We Can". And then it turned into the other. Either way it's awfully dumb to post that slogan every time one disagrees. And even dumber to be upset over supposedly screened questions in a Town Hall.

I am quite sure that every other politician out there has some staged or screened questions. To have outrage over this.. again dumb.

Except I'm not on the right. If you're going to campaign on "Change" then EVERYTHING you do shouldn't be the same scripted crap that is always done.

And everything that is disagreed with isn't "outrage". I'm not at all "outraged" by the fact that "politics as usual" is going on. I completely expected it. I also expect apologists like you to keep up your pathetic work, which is what your masters count on.

We recognize you're an apologist for Obama. Big surprise. But (1) the dude got elected by telling everyone things in Washington will change, followed quickly by his installing the Clinton administration and taking Bush stances on many items, and (2) there's a difference between a "town hall meeting" covered by the media, and a specific member of the media giving the president free prime-time air to promote a health care agenda that most people don't want. No one should be surprised that Obama takes staged questions; he'd be dead in the water if he had to actually answer impromptu queries because he really needs everything rehearsed. The issue is not the staged production of what happened, but that ABC let it happen.

And yes, it is too bad the Republicans can't market themselves. Nice statement of the obvious. But at the current pace, conservatives need only be happy they're a Bayer aspirin in what is quickly becoming a tainted Tylenol world.

Honeymoon is almost over. Hope you enjoyed the show.

We recognize you're an apologist for Obama. Big surprise. But (1) the dude got elected by telling everyone things in Washington will change, followed quickly by his installing the Clinton administration and taking Bush stances on many items, and (2) there's a difference between a "town hall meeting" covered by the media, and a specific member of the media giving the president free prime-time air to promote a health care agenda that most people don't want. No one should be surprised that Obama takes staged questions; he'd be dead in the water if he had to actually answer impromptu queries because he really needs everything rehearsed. The issue is not the staged production of what happened, but that ABC let it happen.

And yes, it is too bad the Republicans can't market themselves. Nice statement of the obvious. But at the current pace, conservatives need only be happy they're a Bayer aspirin in what is quickly becoming a tainted Tylenol world.

Honeymoon is almost over. Hope you enjoyed the show.

Not an apologist by any means. I just know the FACT that this country has been F'd up for the past eight years and it's going to take some time to fix it or at least get things moving in the right direction. Actually most people WANT healthcare reform, most if not all are worried about the cost. People do want that change though. I just laugh when people criticize him for using a teleprompter or rehearsing. Like no other politician does that.

Republicans are just still pissed because they were dumb enough to follow McCain and Palin. Old leading the dumb. Conservatives seems to do nothing but say they have the answers but then don't tell them or just say no to everything. Why not just stick your head in the sand for a while. As far as the honeymoon being over... please the honeymoon was over pretty fast especially with the party of no bashing every little sound bite or video. I am not surprised they didn't complain about the Obamas getting a dog.

At least no one asked him if he liked wearing pearls. Still my favorite moment from the primaries last year.

Great idea to present the legislative agenda of the POTUS to the public via TV. Too bad they rendered it completely useless* by not allowing anyone with a differing opinion to present alternative arguments or allow anyone with any knowledge of the issue to challenge his gloss over of the costs of such a monstrosity.

* correction, this method is extremely useful to politicians who rely on an ignorant public.

Not an apologist by any means. I just know the FACT that this country has been F'd up for the past eight years and it's going to take some time to fix it or at least get things moving in the right direction. Actually most people WANT healthcare reform, most if not all are worried about the cost. People do want that change though. I just laugh when people criticize him for using a teleprompter or rehearsing. Like no other politician does that.

Republicans are just still pissed because they were dumb enough to follow McCain and Palin. Old leading the dumb. Conservatives seems to do nothing but say they have the answers but then don't tell them or just say no to everything. Why not just stick your head in the sand for a while. As far as the honeymoon being over... please the honeymoon was over pretty fast especially with the party of no bashing every little sound bite or video. I am not surprised they didn't complain about the Obamas getting a dog.

Most people want health care reform. Virtually no one wants nationalized health care. Since you don't know the difference, I suggest you quit while you're ahead. A nationalized health care option, even according to the CBO, will cost taxpayers trillions of dollars over the next ten years and not even come close to doing what it is supposed to do: provide health care to the uninsured. You could actually make more progress if you'd stop including illegal aliens in the numbers of those "Americans" who are uninsured.

Also, Republicans will always be critical of Democrats, and vice versa. People were still jumping out of the towers when the Democrats started attacking Bush. Welcome to America. But when I refer to the honeymoon being over, I'm not referring to the other party. I'm referring to the media. They're almost done giving him a pass. When that happens -- and it WILL happen, probably sooner than even I expected -- well, you'll be standing around in your "Welcome Back, Carter" t-shirt, holding Peggy in one hand and a "Change" bumper sticker in the other wondering if there's any cost to shove your head in that hole in the sand where the Republicans used to bury themselves.

Like I said, hope you enjoyed the show. Save your ticket stubs to get a government-supplied order of organic fries at a PETA drive-thru coming soon.

Most people want health care reform. Virtually no one wants nationalized health care. Since you don't know the difference, I suggest you quit while you're ahead. A nationalized health care option, even according to the CBO, will cost taxpayers trillions of dollars over the next ten years and not even come close to doing what it is supposed to do: provide health care to the uninsured. You could actually make more progress if you'd stop including illegal aliens in the numbers of those "Americans" who are uninsured.

Also, Republicans will always be critical of Democrats, and vice versa. People were still jumping out of the towers when the Democrats started attacking Bush. Welcome to America. But when I refer to the honeymoon being over, I'm not referring to the other party. I'm referring to the media. They're almost done giving him a pass. When that happens -- and it WILL happen, probably sooner than even I expected -- well, you'll be standing around in your "Welcome Back, Carter" t-shirt, holding Peggy in one hand and a "Change" bumper sticker in the other wondering if there's any cost to shove your head in that hole in the sand where the Republicans used to bury themselves.

Like I said, hope you enjoyed the show. Save your ticket stubs to get a government-supplied order of organic fries at a PETA drive-thru coming soon.

I love how you state that I do not know the difference. Do you know me? Have we met before? If I wanted to live in Canada and have their healthcare system I would. I want reform. I love when people on this board always talk down to other people. Do you work within the healthcare industry? If not, you should because you know ALL!! <_<

Again, I understand how the media works, I understand how both parties are ALWAYS bickering at each other instead of getting something accomplished. I will hold Obama accountable just like I would hold any other politician accountable if they do nothing. I do not have blinders on like most people. So again, please keep your assumptions about what other people think and what they would do to yourself. Easier to actually respect your opinions when you do that.

Side note: I do not like PETA. Actually going to have a steak for lunch.