FYI

RayFinkle

hahahahah....like john from hemet said in a prior thread....it is truly humbling that people pay attention to my posts....thanks for making me feel wanted.... :worthy:<_<:worthy:

You are one of the "good guys" Pooj! No matter what people say! :bag:

I am listening, just figured I would talk in "layman's terms".

:ph34r:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hide the smell of the booze? Why?

I recommend putting the swizzle sticks in your shirt pocket. That'll shake up whoever you meet with, a little bit.

A little bit of me hankers back to that bygone era where it was actually chic to pull something like that off! You know that certain post war America where everyone was invincible, man could engineer his way around anything other men and nature could throw at him. And best of all, every human malady could be fixed with chemical intervention. Wow, come to think of it, what a deluded mess people were. :worthy:

Excuse the sexist language above... I am hankering back. <_<

A little bit of me hankers back to that bygone era where it was actually chic to pull something like that off! You know that certain post war America where everyone was invincible, man could engineer his way around anything other men and nature could throw at him. And best of all, every human malady could be fixed with chemical intervention. Wow, come to think of it, what a deluded mess people were. :worthy:

Excuse the sexist language above... I am hankering back. :worthy:

I was born a few years too late. I just missed the time when 3-Martini lunches were the norm, and people in the TV (and newspaper) biz kept booze in their desks. I did, mind you, but it wasn't all that acceptable. <_<

I would have been great in the world of Mad Men.

I was born a few years too late. I just missed the time when 3-Martini lunches were the norm, and people in the TV (and newspaper) biz kept booze in their desks. I did, mind you, but it wasn't all that acceptable. <_<

I've joked that the day I retire I will have a two martini lunch. I actually was able to watch my Mother's uncle partake in this pleasure at the Detroit Club one day. He is now deceased but bless him for what he could get away with :worthy:

Ya! Those were the days... One would drive back from lunch in a nice big automobile (American) then get in a very simple fender bender (of course alcohol induced) and bleed to death because the steering wheel would impale them or the very over-stylized rear view mirror would gash into their face (of course no seatbelts). Thems were the days! Oh, cars and gas were cheap too!

:worthy:

Ya! Those were the days... One would drive back from lunch in a nice big automobile (American) then get in a very simple fender bender (of course alcohol induced) and bleed to death because the steering wheel would impale them or the very over-stylized rear view mirror would gash into their face (of course no seatbelts). Thems were the days! Oh, cars and gas were cheap too!

<_<

Hey, something has to kill you.

I was born a few years too late. I just missed the time when 3-Martini lunches were the norm, and people in the TV (and newspaper) biz kept booze in their desks. I did, mind you, but it wasn't all that acceptable. :ph34r:

Ah yes, nothing would spice up the afternoon like a little post-lunch scotch in the office and a nice ass smack on an office cutie.

Mad Men rules. Great friggin show.

Damn! Beat me to it.

Some people can process garlic better than others. I am told I don't smell much of garlic after I eat it, or later in my body odor. I always thought that, but it has been confirmed by several people. OTOH, I know some people who absolutely reek even after eating just a little bit of garlic.

IMO, onions are even worse. They certainly are for me. I don't seem to process them well, at all. (That's why I stick to shallots, when possible.)

But I agree with the OP. If you know you will be dealing with people after lunch, use a little consideration, and wash the stinky stuff down with some really strong booze. Then they will just think you are drunk.

I brush my teeth and use mouthwash whenever I go to the Dr. or Dentist.

Steven Wright Joke; I think my dental hygienist is really pretty. So every time I go to the dentist I sit in the waiting room eating a bag of Oreos. :lol:

Hey, something has to kill you.

Someday somebody is gonna shiv you, you mofo! :ph34r: