RayFinkle

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For real? read up my friend :rolleyes::thumbsup:

All the ways

Our region is perennially up there among the national leaders in coronary disease. :ph34r:

I've seen round, 4 foot tall kids (and whatever acts as parent) sit down at the Cincy chili joints with a tray of 8 "Coneys"

A Coney being a 4'' boiled hot dog in a teeny roll, mounded high with shredded processed cheese. Skyline - your link - now and then runs ads with "30% more cheese at the same low price!"

There's a local chain named Frischs' (think of Elby's - Big Boy etc.).

They have a buffet division called "Golden Corral". There's one nearby; spend 5 minutes watching the patrons come and go and you start to think you are watching a sci-fi movie being made..."The Attack of the Weebles".

was in halifax a while back, and their plate du jour is, get this, fried pepperoni. it's simply small slices of pepperoni -- like that on a good pizza -- that are fried and served in a bowl. considering all the greasy, fried foods that buffalo is noted for, i've always wondered why that dish hasn't been adopted here.

jw

Our region is perennially up there among the national leaders in coronary disease. :ph34r:

I've seen round, 4 foot tall kids (and whatever acts as parent) sit down at the Cincy chili joints with a tray of 8 "Coneys"

A Coney being a 4'' boiled hot dog in a teeny roll, mounded high with shredded processed cheese. Skyline - your link - now and then runs ads with "30% more cheese at the same low price!"

There's a local chain named Frischs' (think of Elby's - Big Boy etc.).

They have a buffet division called "Golden Corral". There's one nearby; spend 5 minutes watching the patrons come and go and you start to think you are watching a sci-fi movie being made..."The Attack of the Weebles".

:rolleyes::thumbsup: Actually there is a Golden Corral about 5 minutes out the door from my office I have never eaten there. Your description reminds me of Lubys, S&S cafeteria and the like. To me when you have to wander around with your food tray because you are too fat to fit into a booth a higher power is telling you that maybe you should change your dietary practices.

I was just talking with a coworker as the company president and I will be grilling burgers and dogs for lunch on Friday (we do this once a month or so). It is astounding to watch people who will literally pile two (cheese)burgers a hotdog and sides on their plate and proceed to eat all of it in one sitting. If you are a skinny growing teenager is one thing to do this. If you are an already overweight adult it is another. We are also diligent about providing veggie burgers and other lighter fare for those who do elect to partake.

I agree with your point about coneys - boiled or steamed hotdogs are always pitiful no matter what is put on them. Grilled over charcoal can be a very different story though.

:rolleyes::thumbsup: Actually there is a Golden Corral about 5 minutes out the door from my office I have never eaten there. Your description reminds me of Lubys, S&S cafeteria and the like. To me when you have to wander around with your food tray because you are too fat to fit into a booth a higher power is telling you that maybe you should change your dietary practices.

I was just talking with a coworker as the company president and I will be grilling burgers and dogs for lunch on Friday (we do this once a month or so). It is astounding to watch people who will literally pile two (cheese)burgers a hotdog and sides on their plate and proceed to eat all of it in one sitting. If you are a skinny growing teenager is one thing to do this. If you are an already overweight adult it is another. We are also diligent about providing veggie burgers and other lighter fare for those who do elect to partake.

I agree with your point about coneys - boiled or steamed hotdogs are always pitiful no matter what is put on them. Grilled over charcoal can be a very different story though.

I hear ya. I know that there are people that carry a lot of weight, that just have a genetic disposition to do so. And I'm tired of government and society alike calling them pariahs, weaklings, slackers and the like.

But there are many people that just plainly are determined to stuff themselves, regardless of consequence. Simple gluttony. I wish they'd re-think things. There is no lack of info out there, to make better dietary choices.

Hey... I can eat (at least) onions like apples... Especially Vidalia onions! YUM!

Note: You don't want to be near me after I eat and onion! :thumbsup:

I heard somewhere that if it wasn't for your olfactory sense (that is sense of smell Pooj! :rolleyes: ), apples and onions would seem the the same if eaten while blindfolded. I wonder how true that is??

I ordered a pizza with anchovies, onion, mushrooms and pepperoni tonight! :rolleyes: I'll email everybody my breath!! :oops: woooooossssshhhhhh!!

Nice to know that you have not offended Ray by adding garlic. :thumbsup: Seems as though he might be upset on account of not getting any last night after smelling :ph34r: (Ray just funnin ya!)

Only if he's squinting.

Damn! Beat me to it.

Some people can process garlic better than others. I am told I don't smell much of garlic after I eat it, or later in my body odor. I always thought that, but it has been confirmed by several people. OTOH, I know some people who absolutely reek even after eating just a little bit of garlic.

IMO, onions are even worse. They certainly are for me. I don't seem to process them well, at all. (That's why I stick to shallots, when possible.)

But I agree with the OP. If you know you will be dealing with people after lunch, use a little consideration, and wash the stinky stuff down with some really strong booze. Then they will just think you are drunk.

Damn! Beat me to it.

Some people can process garlic better than others. I am told I don't smell much of garlic after I eat it, or later in my body odor. I always thought that, but it has been confirmed by several people. OTOH, I know some people who absolutely reek even after eating just a little bit of garlic.

IMO, onions are even worse. They certainly are for me. I don't seem to process them well, at all. (That's why I stick to shallots, when possible.)

But I agree with the OP. If you know you will be dealing with people after lunch, use a little consideration, and wash the stinky stuff down with some really strong booze. Then they will just think you are drunk.

Really? I never knew this.

Oh, what do you hide the smell of booze with? <_< Fire a bag of popcorn off in the microwave... :worthy:

hahahahah....like john from hemet said in a prior thread....it is truly humbling that people pay attention to my posts....thanks for making me feel wanted.... :worthy:<_<:worthy:

Hey... I can eat (at least) onions like apples... Especially Vidalia onions! YUM!

Note: You don't want to be near me after I eat and onion! :bag:

I heard somewhere that if it wasn't for your olfactory sense (that is sense of smell Pooj! :ph34r: ), apples and onions would seem the the same if eaten while blindfolded. I wonder how true that is??

Really? I never knew this.

Oh, what do you hide the smell of booze with? <_< Fire a bag of popcorn off in the microwave... :worthy:

Hide the smell of the booze? Why?

I recommend putting the swizzle sticks in your shirt pocket. That'll shake up whoever you meet with, a little bit.