FYI

RayFinkle

Just a general FYI for those who interact with other human beings.

If you eat something with garlic in it for breakfast, lunch or dinner, you smell. You don't just kind of smell, you stink. Brushing your teeth does not help with the smell of garlic. You will only smell like a hunk or rotting meat with toothpaste on top. If you ate something with garlic and think you do not stink, you are wrong, you do.

Thank you.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you eat something with garlic in it for breakfast, lunch or dinner, you smell. You don't just kind of smell, you stink. Brushing your teeth does not help with the smell of garlic. You will only smell like a hunk or rotting meat with toothpaste on top. If you ate something with garlic and think you do not stink, you are wrong, you do.

Thank you.

Having a problem today are we? :rolleyes:

Thank you.

I'm glad that the Emeril Reign of Garlic Terror has pretty much run its' course.

Years of hot-shot and rinky-dink restaurants alike tossing the stuff on innocent food...

I'm glad that the Emeril Reign of Garlic Terror has pretty much run its' course.

Years of hot-shot and rinky-dink restaurants alike tossing the stuff on innocent food...

:rolleyes::thumbsup: roasted garlic especially but garlic in general is just good stuff.

roasted garlic rocks

I've eaten a spoonful of garlic before.

OT, but I once worked with a girl who had no sense of smell and I told her she smelled bad. Meaning, I told her, she wasn't good at smelling. :thumbsup:

She didn't think it was that funny. :rolleyes:

roasted garlic rocks

Another helpful hint....

If you are out on a date, NEVER order anything with garlic and/or onions. Nobody wants to get it on with somebody who smells like rotting meat. Again, if you eat garlic and think you don't smell, you are mistaken.

Another helpful hint....

If you are out on a date, NEVER order anything with garlic and/or onions. Nobody wants to get it on with somebody who smells like rotting meat. Again, if you eat garlic and think you don't smell, you are mistaken.

Maybe Italian girls? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::thumbsup: roasted garlic especially but garlic in general is just good stuff.

Fine - for those that want it.

It became trendy, and following trends is inordinately important these days - IMO.

I've had it put on steaks, vegetables, fries, fish - you name it. All unrequested. No problem if they listed on a menu "Porterhouse with garlic", or "Fried potatoes with garlic" etc. It got so that I had to run down item by item of what I ordered to see if it contained "Chef's Little Secret that identifies him as chi-chi and so with it".

And of course, its' to be expected with some Italian cuisine - not all. I recall the tv chef Mario Batali remarking that garlic use was mostly confined to a couple of regions. I did enjoy his "Molto Mario" show, as he went in to the origins of the dishes he prepared.

I also remember a statement he made - "You only go out to dinner if you don't feel like doing the dishes". :ph34r:

BTW - didn't you and me have a garlic argument a few years ago...no?

Another helpful hint....

:rolleyes::thumbsup: Ahh...now we know the source of your anger .... didn't get any last night :ph34r:

Fine - for those that want it.

It became trendy, and following trends is inordinately important these days - IMO.

I've had it put on steaks, vegetables, fries, fish - you name it. All unrequested. No problem if they listed on a menu "Porterhouse with garlic", or "Fried potatoes with garlic" etc. It got so that I had to run down item by item of what I ordered to see if it contained "Chef's Little Secret that identifies him as chi-chi and so with it".

And of course, its' to be expected with some Italian cuisine - not all. I recall the tv chef Mario Batali remarking that garlic use was mostly confined to a couple of regions. I did enjoy his "Molto Mario" show, as he went in to the origins of the dishes he prepared.

I also remember a statement he made - "You only go out to dinner if you don't feel like doing the dishes". :rolleyes:

BTW - didn't you and me have a garlic argument a few years ago...no?

Given that I've been on the board less than a year had to have been some other poor slob. Looking forward to tangling horns over something with you. Let's not make it over garlic ... I like it but not that much. If you don't like your Cincy Chili 5-way however .....

This post reminds me of a fellow I worked with. A real health nut. Used to ride his bike to work, a 15-mile ride. He also loved roasted garlic. He'd eat an entire bulb of it for lunch or dinner. So you can imagine what he would smell like after a hard sweaty bike ride. Like a walking salami! In fact you could almost see the aura of garlic as he entered the room. Plants would wilt and women would pass out.

As management it was my duty to sit him down and inform him of his pungent aroma. He didn't believe me. Only after the entire office swore up and down they could smell him a mile away did he relent. We asked he cut back on tha garlic but he was an addict. He would wolf down a ton of garlic and show up to work and we;d tell him we could tell he was eating it again. He didn't believe we could smell it.

In a bit of sad irony, this fellow died of a heart attack a few years ago. I think he was 49. He was in great shape, not an ounce of fat on him, rode his bike everywhere, ate healthy. So let this be a lesson...you could live your life right and still drop dead. So order that pizza, crack open a six-pack and live.

PTR

Thank you.

Just wait till the farting starts.

Given that I've been on the board less than a year had to have been some other poor slob. Looking forward to tangling horns over something with you. Let's not make it over garlic ... I like it but not that much. If you don't like your Cincy Chili 5-way however .....

Ugh!