which o-line was better

Which was better--the Electric Company or our o-line from our four year Super Bowl runs? Which would be the most effective in today's game?

equal...electric company was faster/more athletic...SB teams was bigger/stronger

equal...electric company was faster/more athletic...SB teams was bigger/stronger

I would say the exact opposite

The eletric company was a smash mouth OL that was built to run the ball.

The Super Bowl OL was a finesse line that exploited defenses thru better conditioning. When they did not run the no huddle, they could not control the line of scrimmage consistently and struggled to move the ball.

I would say the exact opposite

The eletric company was a smash mouth OL that was built to run the ball.

The Super Bowl OL was a finesse line that exploited defenses thru better conditioning. When they did not run the no huddle, they could not control the line of scrimmage consistently and struggled to move the ball.

Joe D and reggie weighed about 255-260 tops...-and they were both extremely fast and athletic on the pull. Mike montler--very accomplished finesse guy not overpowering. Joe D was overpowering but was even more athletic than overpowering. Bruce jarvis and montler weighed in at 250-260. They were quick guys. Donnie Green was the biggest at 275. Yes they could run block because they were good to great players--who could move the line but were also smart and very fast at pulling..

Bills 1990ish O line averaged about 300 pounds,...and were not as quick as the 70s squad.-Although they were athletic for their size and were in great condition--kinda like Dockery and the boys were last year...cough gag cough

The fat tubs we have had on the Bills the past few years show that size doesnt mean everything..lol--

Joe D and reggie weighed about 255-260 tops...-and they were both extremely fast and athletic on the pull. Mike montler--very accomplished finesse guy not overpowering. Joe D was overpowering but was even more athletic than overpowering. Bruce jarvis and montler weighed in at 250-260. They were quick guys. Donnie Green was the biggest at 275. Yes they could run block because they were good to great players--who could move the line but were also smart and very fast at pulling..

Bills 1990ish O line averaged about 300 pounds,...and were not as quick as the 70s squad.-Although they were athletic for their size and were in great condition--kinda like Dockery and the boys were last year...cough gag cough

The fat tubs we have had on the Bills the past few years show that size doesnt mean everything..lol--

I would add (and I'm still mulling over the different characterizations of these lines) that the Electric Company was probably at least as big as any offensive line at that time. Football players were just a lot smaller back then. Jim Ritcher who played on our Super Bowl teams was listed heavier but he played at around 250 pounds. Both lines we're comparing were probably average to slightly above average in size in terms of the eras in which they played.

The Electric Company did very little pass blocking though and I was pretty young back then so I can't really make the comparison. Besides which it's hard to evaluate offensive line play. I will say that the Super Bowl lines were great in all phases.