So, is Tucker the new starting LG?

I saw on NFL.com's gamebook that Tucker started at LG.  Was he playing there mostly, or was he rotating equally with Smith, or on certain plays?

106853[/snapback]

He seemed to play the entire game and he played very well. I always thought he should be the left guard, he's a pretty dependable player. Not great but the best we got and has had some excellent games.

I saw on NFL.com's gamebook that Tucker started at LG.  Was he playing there mostly, or was he rotating equally with Smith, or on certain plays?

106853[/snapback]

Tucker played the majority- in fact, I don't think Smith got in for a single play.

Tucker got the whole game as I don't think the Bills are eager for a rotation system (aside from some infrequent Adams/Bannan substitution at the goalline). I imagine it was an appropriate reward for his very effective play at C while Teague was out.

He got blown up a couple times, but overall played very well for a guy making his first start as a pro Guard against a talented Jet D. I don't think there's any doubt he also mans the position next week vs the Pats.

Cya

Tucker got the whole game as I don't think the Bills are eager for a rotation system (aside from some infrequent Adams/Bannan substitution at the goalline). I imagine it was an appropriate reward for his very effective play at C while Teague was out.

He got blown up a couple times, but overall played very well for a guy making his first start as a pro Guard against a talented Jet D. I don't think there's any doubt he also mans the position next week vs the Pats.

Cya

106925[/snapback]

Didn't he start a couple games at guard last year and seven on the Cowboys?

Didn't he start a couple games at guard last year and seven on the Cowboys?

You tell me;-)

I don't remember him playing in Dallas but now that you mention it he may have got some looks in the Buffalo front last year.

I plead guilty to watching more football than Bills after Haloween last season

:blush: