I am calling it RIGHT NOW - Bills beat Patriots

daquixers

I know most of you will regard this post as me being "high" off of a very nice win over a divisional opponent. But, thats just not me. I dont get overly excited over ANY win except for a SB win (if it ever comes). BUT MARK MY WORDS:

Barring any serious injury (to Moulds, Evans, or McGahee) the Bills, WILL beat the New England Patriots in front of a national audience next sunday night. I GUARANTEE it.

Reasons:

1 - Tom Brady has not played "his usual" his last 2 games. In the last two games he has thrown 4 TD's , 2 INT's, and 2 fumbles (1 for a TD). Against a good Pittsburgh defense he had a 72.9 passer rating, 2 Td's, 2 INT's, and 1 fumble. Whe he faces good defenses he doesnt do so well. Against a BAD rams defense he had 2 Td's, 0 int's and 1 fumble (for a TD).

2 - Buffalo now has Lawyer Milloy and possibly Troy Vincent back. While NE is missing Ty Law and Tyrone Poole. There two best CB's. Moulds and Evans should be lipping there lips.

3 - We have found this amazing new weapon in Willis McGahee. In our loss to NE a few weeks ago (where we BARELY lost) , Willis McGahee did not get on the field even once. All of the games McGahee has started we have won. 3-0.

I cant wait to get flamed for this thread, but I just dont care. I am NOT high of the win and we WILL beat NE.

Im guessing :

Buffalo - 16

NE - 14

I know most of you will regard this post as me being "high" off of a very nice win over a divisional opponent. But, thats just not me. I dont get overly excited over ANY win except for a SB win (if it ever comes). BUT MARK MY WORDS:

Barring any serious injury (to Moulds, Evans, or McGahee) the Bills, WILL beat the New England Patriots in front of a national audience next sunday night. I GUARANTEE it.

Reasons:

1 - Tom Brady has not played "his usual" his last 2 games. In the last two games he has thrown 4 TD's , 2 INT's, and 2 fumbles (1 for a TD). Against a good Pittsburgh defense he had a 72.9 passer rating, 2 Td's, 2 INT's, and 1 fumble. Whe he faces good defenses he doesnt do so well. Against a BAD rams defense he had 2 Td's, 0 int's and 1 fumble (for a TD).

2 - Buffalo now has Lawyer Milloy and possibly Troy Vincent back. While NE is missing Ty Law and Tyrone Poole. There two best CB's. Moulds and Evans should be lipping there lips.

3 - We have found this amazing new weapon in Willis McGahee. In our loss to NE a few weeks ago (where we BARELY lost) , Willis McGahee did not get on the field even once. All of the games McGahee has started we have won. 3-0.

I cant wait to get flamed for this thread, but I just dont care. I am NOT high of the win and we WILL beat NE.

Im guessing :

Buffalo - 16

NE - 14

106847[/snapback]

I hope you're right. Now, how do we get the Striped Satans to call a fair game???? :blush:

With all the Patsie injuries this may be our best shot at beating them.

It'll come down to Drew in this game. Belichick will take away McGahee in this game and make Drew beat him. Can he? Stay tuned.

With all the Patsie injuries this may be our best shot at beating them.

It'll come down to Drew in this game.  Belichick will take away McGahee in this game and make Drew beat him. Can he?  Stay tuned.

106868[/snapback]

The trick will be the Bills' O-line playing with their hair on fire. The Pats can't stop BOTH the Bills' running game and passing game, with their injuries.

I agree!  I watch New England almost every week and they look very beatable to me.  Their streak was amazing but they are vulnerable-especially with Law out.  Moulds will have a big game

106877[/snapback]

Here is where we should get them. With 1 or 2 of there good CB's out, they can NOT blitz, AND cover Moulds, Evans, and Aiken. They just cant. They blitz there 8 guys in the box and they and then they have 3 in-experienced safeties and a CB covering Eric Moulds, Lee Evans, and Sam Aiken. Pa-Lease.

And once they lay back on the blitz we throw a little McGahee action at them. That simple.

Here is where we should get them. With 1 or 2 of there good CB's out, they can NOT blitz, AND cover Moulds, Evans, and Aiken. They just cant. They blitz there 8 guys in the box and they and then they have 3 in-experienced safeties and a CB covering Eric Moulds, Lee Evans, and Sam Aiken. Pa-Lease.

And once they lay back on the blitz we throw a little McGahee action at them. That simple.

106882[/snapback]

Just like the Rams did today, right?

Reasons:

Im guessing :

Buffalo - 16

NE - 14

106847[/snapback]

I think we'll play okay but lose. DB saves his worst for at N.England (and often national TV) But, I do see almost all of the rest of the games on the schedule as realistically winnable (except this one and at Seattle). Remember, Pittsburgh at home in week 17 may mean nothing to them (and they really aren't THAT good. Let's see them on the road against a good team.)

The biggest difference in the last couple weeks has been on the offensive line. I don't think Drew was sacked 2-day and maybe once against the Cards. I think that Willis has made the line better with his leadership. He has given Drew the running game back in the offense which allows Drew to just play within himself and not make crucial turnovers like the last Pats game. I'd give the O-line an A+ for todays game. The defense looks good also but winning in Foxboro is a tall order but I hope your right.

The biggest difference in the last couple weeks has been on the offensive line. I don't think Drew was sacked 2-day and maybe once against the Cards. I think that Willis has made the line better with his leadership. He has given Drew the running game back in the offense which allows Drew to just play within himself and not make crucial turnovers like the last Pats game.  I'd give the O-line an A+ for todays game. The defense looks good also but winning in Foxboro is a tall order but I hope your right.

106935[/snapback]

Not to add to the "McGahee legend," but Drew has been sacked once in the three McGahee starts, against Miami. It helps to have a.) the improved running game, b.) a back who will actually block the blitzer, and c.) a couple of backs (with Shelton coming on strong the last couple of games) who you have confidence will catch the dump-offs.

I do like the blocking techniques that seem to be using the blitzers' momentum to push them past the pocket. Of course part of that is ensuring there's a solid middle to the pocket for Drew to step into. We've really improved there. Drew has had some great throwing lanes. I think teams are going to start taking notice that you just can't blitz the Bills into oblivion.

The only knock I can give now is that it seemed the beginning of the season featured us moving the ball down the field and stalling in the red zone. Now it seems we can't move the ball consistently without great field position. We had one long scoring drive, and it was great that it was the opening drive in the 2nd half, but we should do more.

It's a small knock, you all know me as one of the "Positive Pollyanna" crowd. We scored every trip to the red zone for the second game in a row. I'll take that and the win, and look at us as being 1-0 on the rest of the season...

The only knock I can give now is that it seemed the beginning of the season featured us  moving the ball down the field and stalling in the red zone.  Now it seems we can't move the ball consistently without great field position.  We had one long scoring drive, and it was great that it was the opening drive in the 2nd half, but we should do more. 

It's a small knock, you all know me as one of the "Positive Pollyanna" crowd.  We scored every trip to the red zone for the second game in a row.  I'll take that and the win, and look at us as being 1-0 on the rest of the season...

106965[/snapback]

It's hard to get those long drives when your special teams and defense keep giving you great field position.

The last couple games the Bills seem to start 4 out of every 5 drives almost at midfield.

I'm not going to complain about that:)

It's hard to get those long drives when your special teams and defense keep giving you great field position.

The last couple games the Bills seem to start 4 out of every 5 drives almost at midfield.

I'm not going to complain about that:)

106969[/snapback]

I hear ya, but look at the drive chart:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/drives/NFL_20041107_NYJ@BUF

The astounding special teams and D play (well, outside of the obligatory 4th Q TD that they seem to be giving up every game...) go without saying. Like I said, it's a small knock. Again, I like the scoring in the red zones. Much better than the alternative.

I also like that we are making the clutch plays (Moorman's clutch punt and the subsequent safety, the sustained drive with the clutch Evans grab to finish the game...).

This team is learning to win.

Reasons:

Im guessing :

Buffalo - 16

NE - 14

106847[/snapback]

:blush::blink::D:D:D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: