What do we do with Lynch

How will he be used the in the games. If his appeal doesn't shorten his games, then it's 3 games he will miss to start the season. We have seen how important training camp and preseason is, Jason Peters being a great example. Lynch is the starter, but knowing he will miss the first 3 games, how do we use him and the other running backs in preseason games?

He'll get some time in to make sure he's in "game shape", get work in with the new offensive sets, and make sure his routes are right. I expect him to get more work than usual due to the suspension. Has there been any word yet on the results of his appeal?

He'll get some time in to make sure he's in "game shape", get work in with the new offensive sets, and make sure his routes are right. I expect him to get more work than usual due to the suspension. Has there been any word yet on the results of his appeal?

No word on the appeal. But then if he gets more time, shouldn't Jackson see some more as well if he's gonna start?

Has there been any word yet on the results of his appeal?
My unsubstantiated and purely wishful conspiracy theory is that they are dragging their feet on it so they can either cancel the suspension(s) or move them so that Lynch can play the ne MNF game. [Can't sell those 3rd qtr viagara ads if the game is a blowout].

The fact they he waited so long and the response is so slow gives me a glimmer of hope.

How will he be used the in the games. If his appeal doesn't shorten his games, then it's 3 games he will miss to start the season. We have seen how important training camp and preseason is, Jason Peters being a great example. Lynch is the starter, but knowing he will miss the first 3 games, how do we use him and the other running backs in preseason games?

Since he will be missing the first 3 games, I say he should play the most out of himself, Jackson and Rhodes. He will need the work since he won't be playing those first regular season games, and preseason games are good for nothing more then keeping your starters healthy and seeing what back ups might be better then others.

My guess is that he plays his normal preseason rotation. I do not think they risk injury with him by playing him more than what would be "normal." Rhodes and now jackson are vets so even if Lynch's suspension is not reduced they will be able to carry the load. A three game suspension also probably translates to a five or six game impact because of the lingering conditioning impact. Hopefully it gets reduced by a game. I am less inclined to believe this will happen given the Stallworth situation. I wonder if the league is worried about being too soft on players.

I think it will be a lot easy for a running back to get ready for the season than a o linemen. O lines need to play together to start to gel. running backs jsut need to run to daylight. Lynch probably won't play on obvious passing downs either.

Plus, there's no way Lynch will come into camp as a fat slob like Peters.

Guest dog14787
My unsubstantiated and purely wishful conspiracy theory is that they are dragging their feet on it so they can either cancel the suspension(s) or move them so that Lynch can play the ne MNF game. [Can't sell those 3rd qtr viagara ads if the game is a blowout].

The fact they he waited so long and the response is so slow gives me a glimmer of hope.

Good point

Isn't there a loop hole that if the appeal has not been addressed before the first game Marshawn could be granted permission to play until his appeal is addressed?

Good point

Isn't there a loop hole that if the appeal has not been addressed before the first game Marshawn could be granted permission to play until his appeal is addressed?

That happens during the season in baseball all the time, but they don't have months and months to make their decision, as the NFL does here.

Guest dog14787
That happens during the season in baseball all the time, but they don't have months and months to make their decision, as the NFL does here.

I'm just wondering if rather then making Marshawn miss the first game, especially with how important the win would be to Buffalo, maybe the commissioner is deliberately waiting to address the appeal knowing that on a technicality Marshawn could play. I mean he must realize we need all the possible help we can get to even have a chance at defeating the Pats.

I'm just wondering if rather then making Marshawn miss the first game, especially with how important the win would be to Buffalo, maybe the commissioner is deliberately waiting to address the appeal knowing that on a technicality Marshawn could play. I mean he must realize we need all the possible help we can get to even have a chance at defeating the Pats.

wishfull thinking but highly doubtful. My guess is that the team and the player are required to use the first available games. Even if this is not required I am assuming the organization and Lynch would elect to get the situation behind them. say for the sake of example they defer it then Lynch gets injured who is to say that the games he comes back for are better to sit out? I think you suck it up and get it out of the way.

:thumbsup::lol::lol: And the NFL would care about this.......why? Please tell me the odds of the Bills even having been chosen to play in this game if not for T.O. being in a Bills uniform that night?

Despite the commish being a Bills area native, I highly doubt he'll do anything out of the ordinary in regards Lynch's suspension. My guess is a reduction to 2 games, if that, and with a stern warning regarding future infractions costing more, on account of being given the chance. I think we're looking at missing Lynch the first two games. Given that, I still don't see the Bills doing anything other than rotating the RB's in the preseason. They've got five games, and three quality starters. I'll bet you see Lynch and Jackson heavy in the first quarters, and then Rhodes getting the majority of the carries the rest of the time, to acclimate himself. By the last game, we'll not see much of any of them after the second quarter, maybe Rhodes getting a few extra reps. I'm not too worried about Rhodes and Jackson being our starters VS NE. If all the other parts are working as they should be, those two should be able to accomplish enough to effectively execute our gameplan. Last season Jackson was better, at times, than Lynch. So, Lynch misses a few games, but should be that much more rested for the rest of the season. In theory that is fine. In reality, though, Lynch could get hurt his first game back, as easily as the rest, so we can't "plan" on any benefit or downfall from his suspension. Lets hope all goes good for us and he's that much more healthy in the late season and postseason.

Ralph needs to get him a different uniform and have him serve food at the concession stand... maybe a look at what his future could be if he keeps f-ing around will straighten him up.

I think it will be a lot easy for a running back to get ready for the season than a o linemen. O lines need to play together to start to gel. running backs jsut need to run to daylight. Lynch probably won't play on obvious passing downs either.

Plus, there's no way Lynch will come into camp as a fat slob like Peters.

Neither did Peters. He was well-conditioned, but not in game shape, as he hadn't taken hits. There was no way to get in game shape without being in camp. Jumbo Elliott agreed about that.

But I agree, I don't think there will be much impact on Marshawn's conditioning. And he will have attended camp, so he will know which hole to look at and who to pick up when he's blocking. I don't think it's a Peters-like situation. The majority of the impact will come during those three games.