Saw Firefall last night in No. Tonawanda

I happen to be in Buffalo for the weekend and caught the free Firefall concert along the river in NT. Despite the rain they drew about 700. I went more for the $3 Labatts but was really impressed by Firefall. The main guys are still original and they can actually rock out. There was a time before "You Are The Woman" that these guys were an Album Rock kind of band. I had forgotten songs like "It Doesn't Matter" and "Cinderella." And when the did their schmaltzy hits they were almost apologetic. (But hey, the schmaltz probably put their kids through school so who can begrudge them?)

Topped off the evening at Alexander's and Mighty Taco. All in all a good Saturday night.

PTR

I happen to be in Buffalo for the weekend and caught the free Firefall concert along the river in NT. Despite the rain they drew about 700. I went more for the $3 Labatts but was really impressed by Firefall. The main guys are still original and they can actually rock out. There was a time before "You Are The Woman" that these guys were an Album Rock kind of band. I had forgotten songs like "It Doesn't Matter" and "Cinderella." And when the did their schmaltzy hits they were almost apologetic. (But hey, the schmaltz probably put their kids through school so who can begrudge them?)

Topped off the evening at Alexander's and Mighty Taco. All in all a good Saturday night.

PTR

Good choice of words. I tucked a lot of bucks in that place during my wasted youth. I hope that over the years the talent level has increased in that place.

PTR

sometimes groups like that can surprise you.----very few groups have a lot of HITS that fairly represent them..

I saw Maria Muldaur at a bar in NYC in the 80s.Blew me away.She is tremendous.

Good choice of words. I tucked a lot of bucks in that place during my wasted youth. I hope that over the years the talent level has increased in that place.

I thought the talent level was pretty high. Certainly not the Sundowner but good for what Alexander's is...a tavern with a stripper pole. Might have been a lucky night but I wasn't disappointed.

PTR