How much influence does organized crime have on the Democratic party?

It's a fact that many of the unions around the US are heavily influenced/controlled by organizations like the mafia, but how does this filter into the government? I'd say that the mob has at least some influence in the Democratic party, because the democrats usually court and receive the endorsement of the unions. Barack Obama won the support of the teamsters by saying that he will end the federal oversight of them, (even though the FBI states the mafia still partly controls the union). How can these candidates willfully accept the endorsements of these unions without knowing that much of the policy suggestions they receive from them will be heavily tainted by the criminal underworld?

I think that the card check legislation reeks of mafia influence. The card check bill would make it much easier for organized crime to take control of a union, as all it would take would be to send a few thugs to someones house to make them sign a card.

No wonder the teamsters are one of the biggest supporters of the bill.

I'm not saying that all these politicians know that they are influenced by these people, but it's obvious that there is some influence there.

Card-check also makes it easier for corrupt unions to beat out non-corrupt ones. It now becomes a race to submit a list of signatures, and the advantage goes to the unscrupulous with money and manpower (and maybe a little ACORN magic). Once that list is in, *that* union represents the workers, and the burden of proof falls on another union to prove it invalid.

Card-check also makes it easier for corrupt unions to beat out non-corrupt ones. It now becomes a race to submit a list of signatures, and the advantage goes to the unscrupulous with money and manpower (and maybe a little ACORN magic). Once that list is in, *that* union represents the workers, and the burden of proof falls on another union to prove it invalid.

Luca Brasi held a gun to his head, and my father assured him that either his brains or his signature would be on the contract

-The Godfather, 1972

None at all. Buffalo is all the proof you need. :lol:

If you want to look at how deep and circular it is, just look at Golisano and his dealings. I am not even saying that Golisano is mobbed up....I am saying look at the political process and how everyone is tied in. When Golisano came into the picture to "rescue" the Sabres....it was nothing but a juiced up deal with a circlejerk of favors. Larry Quinn who is beholdant to certain "developers" who are in bed with the state, gets tens of millions of debt waived and tax favors for Golisano to takeover the team. They then use the team/arena as a centerpiece bridge for other contracts and developments. After things play out over the years, Golisano returns the favor by putting millions into certain races and securing jobs for those that will continue the circlejerk of beholdancy.

The overall strength of the outfits are diluted over the decades, that is for sure. But in smaller towns like Buffalo, they are a freaking cancer. The sad thing is, the old timers mindf### themselves into actually believing they are entitled. I know guys that are good guys, but were part of the old crew that oversaw things.....and they B word about how crappy Buffalo is now.

Well...how the F do you think it got that way?

It's a fact that many of the unions around the US are heavily influenced/controlled by organizations like the mafia, but how does this filter into the government? I'd say that the mob has at least some influence in the Democratic party, because the democrats usually court and receive the endorsement of the unions. Barack Obama won the support of the teamsters by saying that he will end the federal oversight of them, (even though the FBI states the mafia still partly controls the union). How can these candidates willfully accept the endorsements of these unions without knowing that much of the policy suggestions they receive from them will be heavily tainted by the criminal underworld?

I think that the card check legislation reeks of mafia influence. The card check bill would make it much easier for organized crime to take control of a union, as all it would take would be to send a few thugs to someones house to make them sign a card.

No wonder the teamsters are one of the biggest supporters of the bill.

I'm not saying that all these politicians know that they are influenced by these people, but it's obvious that there is some influence there.

You're an idiot.

Karen: What do you do?

Henry Hill: I'm in construction.

Karen: [she feels the softness of his hands] They don't feel like you're in construction.

Henry Hill: Ah, I'm a union delegate.

What? You think that's funny. What are you a clown? Do you think you make us laugh. Are you here to frickin amuse us?

:lol:

What? You think that's funny. What are you a clown? Do you think you make us laugh. Are you here to frickin amuse us?

:lol:

Hey, /dev/null, if I was gonna break your balls, I'd tell you to go home and get your shine box.

When they found DC Tom in the meat truck, he was frozen so stiff it took them three days to thaw him out for the autopsy.

As the instrumental part of Layla plays in the background.