Very Sad Story With a Bizarre Pats*-related Twist

MattM

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/...m?storyid=91679

An incredible tragedy, no doubt at all about that. It's just downright weird that the Pats* didn't respond to the school's request for a jersey.....

:"The kids all knew what a New England Patriots fan David was," Julie Amegashie said Wednesday. Her son, Adrian, is one of the magnet students who helped establish Forever in Our Heart.

The students tried to get a jersey from the NFL but didn't get a response.

"We wrote a letter to the Patriots asking for a jersey," Adrian Amegashie said Thursday. "I was a little disappointed we didn't hear back.""

:rolleyes:

I'd like to think that if it was the Bills, the school would have the jersey (and it wouldn't surprise me if Wilson himself would do something special for the school, but that's just my opinion). Just very strange--I'd also like to think that it was just a snafu on the New England side, but who knows. Maybe the all-mighty, media-loved Pats* just ain't all that when the spotlight's off them--as I've always said, character is most revealed by the actions you take when no one is watching (or you think that no one is watching perhaps in this case).....

The Pats are probably like any big organization - they get thousands of requests and have some committee that meets every so often to discuss the ones they fill. Perhaps they didn't get to it in a timely fashion or maybe they met their budget on such things for the quarter, whatever.

But really, it's probably that the entire organization is filled with doucherockets. Yep, that's it.

The Pats are probably like any big organization - they get thousands of requests and have some committee that meets every so often to discuss the ones they fill. Perhaps they didn't get to it in a timely fashion or maybe they met their budget on such things for the quarter, whatever.

But really, it's probably that the entire organization is filled with doucherockets. Yep, that's it.

I actually agree with every word of this post. This scares me considering how diametrically opposite my views are to Darin's in general. :lol:

As I said, I hope it's just a snafu on their side, but I also strongly suspect that they, like all similar organizations, do have someone who reads those kinds of requests when they come in (and not weeks or months later). If so, I think that we can all pretty much guess what that letter said based on the article. The person for the Pats* who read that article must really not be the sharpest knife in the drawer to not immediately elevate something like that up the right flagpole pretty quickly. If they did not do so, then there's your answer--an incompetent junior person, no big shock.

If, however, that person did run things up the flagpole and there was still no response (or at least not a timely one, and from that article it sounds like months went by after the request without a response), then that's just weird, as I originally noted, especially for a team that's supposed to be the end all, be all in sports and just all around swell guys (if you don't believe me, just ask them and their fans, who, BTW, are themselves disappointed in the lack of a response as per the Pats* message board that I found this story on).

Don't get me wrong--I'm smart enough to realize that just because someone plays for a football team I don't happen to like doesn't mean they're a total D-Bag. Look, even Vince Wilfork and yes, the much-maligned Tedy Bruschi, do some great charitable works (for ex., that great story where the Pats* brought in a young boy with cancer to get a private tour of their facility at Gillette, including his own jersey and name on the scoreboard, and Bruschi imploring him to go ahead and touch the Lombardi Trophy--very good stuff and you really got the impression that Bruschi had put some thought into the visit, all to his credit). I just think it's odd that a team that gets so much positive press and is held up as the role model for all other teams in all things somehow just completely missed the boat on this one.....