Can anyone recommend a good hardwood floor company

zevo

I'm looking to get new hardwood flooring laid and existing flooring refinished. I am aware of the 2 big companies (Buffalo HArdwood and MP Carrol). Anybody have good experience with anyone else? This question may belong in the consumers digest board but I thought I would have better luck here! Thanks

is there a lumber liquidators up there?

I'm looking to get new hardwood flooring laid and existing flooring refinished. I am aware of the 2 big companies (Buffalo HArdwood and MP Carrol). Anybody have good experience with anyone else? This question may belong in the consumers digest board but I thought I would have better luck here! Thanks

http://www.jmmccormick.com/index.htm

this place has really good quality product

not sure what you do for installation in Buffalo

I'm a huge proponent of Angies List -- it's a yearly subscription but is pretty cheap (and they send you monthly magazines with interesting/useful information). It lets you search their database to get user reviews of various companies. When I was finishing my basement, I had some bad experiences with contractors not showing up for quotes, not showing up to do work, etc, etc. I finally bought a subscription to Angies List and from that moment on, every contractor I called for a quote or hired all did perfect work, never missed an appointment, etc -- HIGHLY recommend buying a subscription!

http://www.angieslist.com

I'm a huge proponent of Angies List -- it's a yearly subscription but is pretty cheap (and they send you monthly magazines with interesting/useful information). It lets you search their database to get user reviews of various companies. When I was finishing my basement, I had some bad experiences with contractors not showing up for quotes, not showing up to do work, etc, etc. I finally bought a subscription to Angies List and from that moment on, every contractor I called for a quote or hired all did perfect work, never missed an appointment, etc -- HIGHLY recommend buying a subscription!

http://www.angieslist.com

I am member of angies list and it is a good tool. The only thing is there are not many current reviews of hardwood floor companies. The one that was rated the highest i had come out to my house and he seemed real good. He said I would have a quote in a day or so. I have not heard from him since (2 weeks) and no response to my email. I actually hope nothing happended to him.

I am member of angies list and it is a good tool. The only thing is there are not many current reviews of hardwood floor companies. The one that was rated the highest i had come out to my house and he seemed real good. He said I would have a quote in a day or so. I have not heard from him since (2 weeks) and no response to my email. I actually hope nothing happended to him.

I used Jazz Hardwood and I was satisfied with their work.

Thats the guy that I had come out to do an estimate. And have not heard from him since!

I did have to keep after him a bit. What I liked about Jazz is dustless sanding and water based varnish. He worked 2 days, and we were able to get on the floors 2-3 hours each day after he was done. We did most of the ground floor, so we couldn't get anywhere around the house. Jazz wasn't the cheapest, but I liked them.