Apple iPhone 3Gs - torn down to pieces

Heels20X6

Hey guys,

As some of you may know, I work for EETimes magazine as a contributor and we just finished taking apart the iPhone 3Gs today and identified all the components that make the phone work.

Here's a look at the article I contributed to:

http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArt...0442&pgno=2

And the YouTube video we did about what's inside the phone (apologies ahead of time for the poor production values and hokey writing):

Feedback is always appreciated. Plus I can answer any questions you might have too.

Hey guys,

As some of you may know, I work for EETimes magazine as a contributor and we just finished taking apart the iPhone 3Gs today and identified all the components that make the phone work.

Here's a look at the article I contributed to:

http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArt...0442&pgno=2

And the YouTube video we did about what's inside the phone (apologies ahead of time for the poor production values and hokey writing):

Feedback is always appreciated. Plus I can answer any questions you might have too.

I don't see the flux capacitor anywhere?

I don't see the flux capacitor anywhere?

Come on SDS, it's not 1988 anymore! We get our jigawatts through lithium ion now!

Though I heard they are working on an iPhone App that sends you back thru time. Complete with Huey Lewis soundtrack for ringtone.

Appears that Infineon got enough of a beat down since the last release that the current chipset is much faster. I was also a bit surprised that Apple stuck with them, but so far so good in early trials.

Love my iPhone, hated the Blackberry.

Hard to argue with the success of the iphone. I use a BB for work (employer provides it). My brother was showing me his iphone and it is pretty impressive. I do not want to carry two devices though.