Anyone hear something about TicketExchange?

My neighbor who is a long time season ticket holder told me that the Bills TicketExchange (and by extention StubHub) will not allow you to sell tickets above $2 of face. Something about a change in state law in New York. If it's true it's really going to eff' up a lot of people.

PTR

Seriously? Thats crap if true. Tickets in my section are usually listed in the $450 range which is absurd. Hell they try to list 300 deck for $100+

I know there is a law in MASS. (Home of the Pats* BTW) that limits the price to something like $1 over face value.. the law is so old it is probably from when the ticket itself cost $1.

ALSO! The Bills take a cut from BOTH sides of that, so you would actually be selling them @ a LOSS!

LINK here...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=7758581

B.

The recent law allowing ticket resales recently expired, defaulting to the older $2-above-face-value version on the books. The state legislature fully intended to continue it, but as you've probably heard, they're not getting much work done these days.

Best guess is that it will probably -- stress probably -- be taken care of before the season begins.

Edit: didn't click the link until just now, so didn't realize that True had reposted the story I read when it first ran. My bad ...

I have a question related to this. I would like to post the preseason tix on the exchange but I cant do that yet I had heard of this issue about the law expiring, and was curios if that had anything to do with why we cant post preseason tix yet.

According to this editorial, it's fixed for this year:

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story...ategory=OPINION

" Ticket to scalp

First published in print: Friday, June 19, 2009

Regrettably, Gov. David Paterson has signed a bill that largely continues New York's official endorsement of ticket scalping and the sky's-the-limit market it has fostered."

Here in Albany, the paper is against the extension with no clue how it affects football in Buffalo, nor do I think they care.

The TU really has it's collective head up their colon on this issue. Glad to hear NYS extended the law. A big reason the Bills sell as many season tickets as they do is because out-of-town fans buy them, go to 3-4 games themselves and sell the rest. If reselling was limited a lot of people would simply not buy season tckets. The Bills, I'm guessing, would lose 30-40% of their season ticket sales.

PTR

" Ticket to scalp

Regrettably, Gov. David Paterson has signed a bill that largely continues New York's official endorsement of ticket scalping and the sky's-the-limit market it has fostered."

Here in Albany, the paper is against the extension with no clue how it affects football in Buffalo, nor do I think they care.

Prohibitions against ticket-scalping are terribly misguided.

" Ticket to scalp

No surprise about the renewal. Actually, very clever on the part of the politicians by writing a sunset provision in the 1st bill.

That meant that the lobbying, campaign contributions, the dinners to discuss this vital issue, would also have to be...renewed.

:rolleyes: