Kelsay & Evans - 2 More Players Step Forward

Mark VI

He was all over the field, especially in the first quarter. I thought one of the biggest plays of the game was an early one where he planted Pennington hard after Chad had converted a Jet 1stdown. It doesn't go on the stat sheet but he really dropped him with bad intentions and early in a game that's the kind of turfing that sticks in a QB's head for the rest of the day.

Cya

106941[/snapback]

Well the story line out of Jets locker room is that Penny hurt his shoulder on the 1Q fumble. So, any pain inflicted on him early on definitely added to his ineffectiveness.

Indeed. Kelsay has improved so much since the beginning of the year. Early on, he seemed to be letting himself get tied up inside, allowing RB's to bouce outside and turn the corner for big gains. Now he beats his man to gain outside position. The RB's instictively cut back inside, only to have Kelsay shed his block and make the tackle. Getting excellent pressure which results in hurried throws. Protects his feet well and slides down the line to make tackles away from his side of the field. Hard to not notice his improvement every week.

106699[/snapback]

Mark, that is some most excellent DE Analysis on Chris today! The techniques you pointed out that he's succeeding with go unseen by all but the most involved fan. Did you play on a D-Line at some point?

He was all over the field, especially in the first quarter. I thought one of the biggest plays of the game was an early one where he planted Pennington hard after Chad had converted a Jet 1stdown. It doesn't go on the stat sheet but he really dropped him with bad intentions and early in a game that's the kind of turfing that sticks in a QB's head for the rest of the day.

Cya

106941[/snapback]

I wonder if that's the play Pennington got hurt on?

On the safety - you could see it coming a mile away. After Moorman's absolutely unbelievable punt, that end zone was going nuts..... there was no way nohow Martin was getting past the goal line.

Think it's time for a new link in my signature. We WILL get Brian Moorman into the Pro Bowl this season.

I wonder if that's the play Pennington got hurt on?

On the safety - you could see it coming a mile away. After Moorman's absolutely unbelievable punt, that end zone was going nuts..... there was no way nohow Martin was getting past the goal line.

Think it's time for a new link in my signature. We WILL get Brian Moorman into the Pro Bowl this season.

106955[/snapback]

I think Pennington got hurt on the fumble when hit hard by Fletcher. He continued to play but was getting a beating and I am not sure there was a single play later that knocked him out.

That punt was incredible.

the story line out of Jets locker room is that Penny hurt his shoulder on the 1Q fumble. So, any pain inflicted on him early on definitely added to his ineffectiveness......

I wonder if that's the play Pennington got hurt on?.....

I think Pennington got hurt on the fumble when hit hard by Fletcher.....

The play I was thinking of came early (I think on the Jest 1st possession), but I wouldn't be surprised if it played a part in softening Penny up; while it was more of a takeyourwind/bruiseyourkidney spike, it still hurt like a sumbitch.

And props to both Fletcher/Milloy on the Pennington fumble. That is two guys with SuperBowl rings makig the play that I think ultimately changed all the mo and decided this ballgame. Fletch came a long long way to get to that spot.

Did you play on a D-Line at some point?

Bwahahahaha, Mark is like 5'2". He was a great holder in his day; didn't even have to kneel down!-)

Mark, that is some most excellent DE Analysis on Chris today! The techniques you pointed out that he's succeeding with go unseen by all but the most involved fan. Did you play on a D-Line at some point?

106947[/snapback]

No...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Simon. My 3rd leg is 5'-2" <_<

It's so refreshing to watch a guy so fundamentally sound like Kelsay. He needed some tweeking with technique and responded . Hit the weight room and put on over 20 pounds this past off-season. Every week is an improvement over the last.

Evans will probably follow suite in the week to week improvement. He is so talented and needs more touches.