Kelsay & Evans - 2 More Players Step Forward

Mark VI

Our top 2 picks in 2003 were MaGahee and Kelsay. This year , Evans and Losman.

While I await the promising debut of #7, the other 3 seem to be coming along quite nicely. Willis found the spotlight last month and continues to produce. Today, Kelsay & Evans wanted a piece of the spotlight and came up big..

This season won't produce a playoff team but some young guys we drafted highly continue to make big plays. Still a work in progress and it seems to indicate the younger guys are as good as advertised.

We are allowed to enjoy this win for a day. Thinking good thoughts for 2005 and beyond.

Thanks for saving me the trouble.  Did our woeful 2-5 team really just dominate a 6-1 team whose only loss was to the defending SB Champs?

106681[/snapback]

hey Darin, how much have have you been drinking? Bledsoe played awful, our OL played awful, the coaching was awful. The only reason we won, our #2 ranked defense stepped up to the plate, once again.

What are you drinking ( sarcasm off )

Fire Donahoe!!!!

106652[/snapback]

Indeed. Kelsay has improved so much since the beginning of the year. Early on, he seemed to be letting himself get tied up inside, allowing RB's to bouce outside and turn the corner for big gains. Now he beats his man to gain outside position. The RB's instictively cut back inside, only to have Kelsay shed his block and make the tackle. Getting excellent pressure which results in hurried throws. Protects his feet well and slides down the line to make tackles away from his side of the field. Hard to not notice his improvement every week.

Evans needs to get the ball more every game. Has good hands to go with the great turn of speed. I watched him make those plays dozens of times at Wisconson.

MaGahee still doesn't have his speed back but follows his blockers well and shows the amazing power that just pounds the opposition. Best straight arm in the NFL. A huge gamble that looks brilliant early on. Think if he actually gets faster next year ! :blush:

Kelsay has improved so much since the beginning of the year.

He was out of control today. Game ball #1.

My favorite was when he busted into the backfield and instead of just relaxing into a backside posture actually turned it up yet another notch and somehow got to the pulling Mawae and chucked him back into the ballcarrier. That's f'ing big league football:-)

And maybe I'm high, but does Evans already look bigger than he did earlier in the season?

Cya

re: Kelsay - He was out of control today. Game ball #1.

My favorite was when he busted into the backfield and instead of just relaxing into a backside posture actually turned it up yet another notch and somehow got to the pulling Mawae and chucked him back into the ballcarrier. That's f'ing big league football:-)

And maybe I'm high, but does Evans already look bigger than he did earlier in the season?

Cya

106710[/snapback]

Absofrigginlutely. Can't count how many times I yelled "Yeah CHRIS!!!!" today.

Can't count how many times I yelled "Yeah CHRIS!!!!" today.

He was all over the field, especially in the first quarter. I thought one of the biggest plays of the game was an early one where he planted Pennington hard after Chad had converted a Jet 1stdown. It doesn't go on the stat sheet but he really dropped him with bad intentions and early in a game that's the kind of turfing that sticks in a QB's head for the rest of the day.

Cya

Our top 2 picks in 2003 were MaGahee and Kelsay. This year , Evans and Losman.

While I await the promising debut of #7, the other 3 seem to be coming along quite nicely. Willis found the spotlight last month and continues to produce. Today, Kelsay & Evans wanted a piece of the spotlight and came up big..

This season won't produce a playoff team but some young guys we drafted highly continue to make big plays.  Still a work in progress and it seems to indicate the younger guys are as good as advertised.

We are allowed to enjoy this win for a day. Thinking good thoughts for 2005 and beyond.

106645[/snapback]

I agree. The biggest issue in the offseason will be shoring up the O-line first and the D-line second but this team makes me feel much better about the future now than 3 weeks ago. If we can upset the Pats we could get close to the playoffs but probably won't make it.