New and improved DJ quote

zazie

As a supporter of coach Jauron I can nevertheless understand the criticisms of him. I think a lot of it has to do with his almost pulse-less comments. Some journalist (I can't remember who) described Jauron as Tom Landry without the hat.

The bottom line is, if a coach wins he can say anything he wants. If he doesn't win then he's going to get picked apart by a justifiably impatient and unhappy fan base.

Without the head, more like it. Landry was football smart. I'd like to know when and where Jauron earned that distinction.

Without the head, more like it. Landry was football smart. I'd like to know when and where Jauron earned that distinction.

I looked all over but couldn't find it. I know I read it in the Buffalo News though. Landry certainly benefited from being in a model organization with the likes of Tex Schramm and Gil Brandt, that's for sure.

Here's what a REAL head coach like Bill Parcells would say...

"To be honest, I can't tell what any of these guys can do without pads and full contact. My message to the team was if your name isn't Brian Moorman, be prepared to compete for your job. It's up to them to do what they have to do to get ready for training camp. If they don't know by now and if they're nervous about how tough the NFL is then maybe it's best they find another profession. If you don't have a passion to win and don't put in the time and effort necessary to excel in this league then you will not be a on this team in 2009. See ya in training camp fellas."

Instead we have Mr. Rogers who's way too eager to hand the players slippers and a warm cup of hot cocoa. :doh:

Thanks that is exaclty what I meant when I posted the quotes

Thanks that is exaclty what I meant when I posted the quotes

The first part of the quote sounded like a coach who coddles his players and the second part sounded like a man who's obsessed with how tough the league and division are. Both vintage Jauronisms which doesn't give me much hope that he'll change his losing ways in '09.

Can someone please kick him in the balls very hard?

"They've worked awfully hard and they need to get away, they need some rest, they need some relaxation," Jauron said. "They have to stay on top of everything and that, essentially, was our message to them. Stay fit, stay in your books, you have to know what's going on and you have to come back ready to go. We've made a lot of progress, but we certainly have a long way to go."

"We play in a very tough league and a very, very tough division. It's really exciting when you look at the team and you look at it develop over time and I'm looking forward to this year, looking forward to our preparation and that opening game. To open on a Monday Night is huge for us and huge for our fans. It'll be a huge test for our football team and hopefully it'll help us get ready. Not that you need any more motivation for an NFL season, but to open on Monday Night to a division rival and a very, very talented team, is a great challenge for us." --

and your point is?

They got an extra day. (i know...one day! good god man how can we let that happen?! but i'm fed up with this hc and will use any and all opportunities to say so)

you need some serious help my friend. you are definitely clueless. what did you want him to do beat them to death for 2 more hours you need some serious help.

you obviously dont get it or understand this game very well.

Here's what a REAL head coach like Bill Parcells would say...

"To be honest, I can't tell what any of these guys can do without pads and full contact. My message to the team was if your name isn't Brian Moorman, be prepared to compete for your job. It's up to them to do what they have to do to get ready for training camp. If they don't know by now and if they're nervous about how tough the NFL is then maybe it's best they find another profession. If you don't have a passion to win and don't put in the time and effort necessary to excel in this league then you will not be a on this team in 2009. See ya in training camp fellas."

Instead we have Mr. Rogers who's way too eager to hand the players slippers and a warm cup of hot cocoa. :doh:

try being real,you sound like a little kid.

this is the NFL and these are grown men and you treat them as such.

There is absolutely nothing new & improved in that quote.

Yes, it sounds like him saying:

"We would have liked to win, of course, but we need to get better in a lot of areas. Obviously, its always more fun to win rather than to lose, but we need to take some positives out of this game and then move on and start preparing for next week...:

try being real,you sound like a little kid.

this is the NFL and these are grown men and you treat them as such.

Like a little kid could would know who the hell Bill Parcells is! :rolleyes:

Your naive buddy. Jauron's problem is that he does treat them like men. The Bills maybe have a few good men on the team, but by and large these are kids that need to be fearful of keeping their jobs, they need to be held accountable for any lack of effort and intestinal fortitude. This is Jauron's biggest failure. He actually gives them the benefit of the doubt that they are trying real hard when it's clear on Sundays that that's just not the case. He's a loser head coach, deal with it.

you need some serious help my friend. you are definitely clueless. what did you want him to do beat them to death for 2 more hours you need some serious help.

you obviously dont get it or understand this game very well.

Yeah, God knows these players take such a beating during the OTAs :rolleyes:

Can someone please kick him in the balls very hard?

"They've worked awfully hard and they need to get away, they need some rest, they need some relaxation," Jauron said. "They have to stay on top of everything and that, essentially, was our message to them. Stay fit, stay in your books, you have to know what's going on and you have to come back ready to go. We've made a lot of progress, but we certainly have a long way to go."

"We play in a very tough league and a very, very tough division. It's really exciting when you look at the team and you look at it develop over time and I'm looking forward to this year, looking forward to our preparation and that opening game. To open on a Monday Night is huge for us and huge for our fans. It'll be a huge test for our football team and hopefully it'll help us get ready. Not that you need any more motivation for an NFL season, but to open on Monday Night to a division rival and a very, very talented team, is a great challenge for us." --

I would guess that apart from the Monday night game v NE stuff, this is probably just another 7-9 speech.

SSDY.