US to apologise for African slavery

Stay with me now. AD is quoted as saying:

"People who were never enslaved but need to be angry about something."

Sounds exactly like Darin. A guy living in a state that takes in more than it gives back has got to be angry about something. Which he is. Seems people in Alaska are always angry about paying when they never paid into anything. Oh, it seems more people in those types of states get angry about apologies too. Go figure. :nana:

Do you understand what Federal tax's are? Go on,cut me a check for the money I never paid. Man you need to lay of the sauce

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't wish to get in the middle of this Alaska-inspired retard rodeo, but I assume Exiled is not refering to the dividend checks (a shining but all too rare example of fiscal maturity), but rather the imbalance in federal expenditures (which does favor Alaska).

I don't wish to get in the middle of this Alaska-inspired retard rodeo, but I assume Exiled is not refering to the dividend checks (a shining but all too rare example of fiscal maturity), but rather the imbalance in federal expenditures (which does favor Alaska).

And that somehow translates into Alaskans needing to send more money to the Feds. I think his gripe is with the wrong people.

Exactly. The fed needs to start cutting projects and services in states like Alaska and the inter-mountain west. Why they don't do so is beyond me. I was just reading the old thread about California and somebody commented about political will. I tend to agree, but political will is also a product of the political system that enable people in power to get elected. That whole system IMO needs to be overhauled.

And Chef... I know I said "send more money"... I was half joking. What would be more effective is just cut what states like Alaska "get" in return. Most of the inter-mountain west, applachia, and Alaska are now on par with their counter-parts (with regards to infastructure) in the more traditionally urbanized lower 48. Cut them loose and let more of the free-market dictate what goes on in these rural parts when it comes to infrastucture.

It really is the system. The "leg up" was created in a time when say something like rural "electricifician" was a big issue... Quality of life... Etc... The infrastructure is now there. Start spending less on them and have them send more than they get back. Start revamping the industial regions that so helped these rural regions years ago.

House of Representatives,435 members,Alaska one. US Senate 100,Alaska two. Do you see the potential for strong arm influence there? And what about the millions of acres the Feds ripped off the state that will forever be off the tax rolls so people like you can take their once in a lifetime visit to the "park" Alaska carries its weight,Feds be Damned

Stay with me now. AD is quoted as saying:

"People who were never enslaved but need to be angry about something."

Sounds exactly like Darin. A guy living in a state that takes in more than it gives back has got to be angry about something. Which he is. Seems people in Alaska are always angry about paying when they never paid into anything. Oh, it seems more people in those types of states get angry about apologies too. Go figure. :nana:

The funniest part of all of this is to you it actually makes some sense. Here's a newsflash, Sparky: I pay taxes. Lots of them. So do all Alaskans. The fact that there is an imbalance on the amount of taxpayer dollars that come back to the state is an extremely complicated mess that has to do with politics. Because you are a liberal and tend to vote for one of the two parties who created the mess, YOU are actually to blame for it.

Your "rationale" on this is nothing more than your simple mind oversimplify someone else's pathetic idea in a vain attempt to deflect REAL criticism of another of your ridiculous opinions.

Back to the topic, tardo.

Exactly. The fed needs to start cutting projects and services in states like Alaska and the inter-mountain west. Why they don't do so is beyond me. I was just reading the old thread about California and somebody commented about political will. I tend to agree, but political will is also a product of the political system that enable people in power to get elected. That whole system IMO needs to be overhauled.

And Chef... I know I said "send more money"... I was half joking. What would be more effective is just cut what states like Alaska "get" in return. Most of the inter-mountain west, applachia, and Alaska are now on par with their counter-parts (with regards to infastructure) in the more traditionally urbanized lower 48. Cut them loose and let more of the free-market dictate what goes on in these rural parts when it comes to infrastucture.

It really is the system. The "leg up" was created in a time when say something like rural "electricifician" was a big issue... Quality of life... Etc... The infrastructure is now there. Start spending less on them and have them send more than they get back. Start revamping the industial regions that so helped these rural regions years ago.

You truly have NO IDEA what you're talking about but that's not surprising as I doubt you've ever been to any of the places where the "Infastructure" is now supposedly "on par". Not that that's where federal money has been going in the state of Alaska or most other places anyway.

Now I understand why you spend so much time thinking about apologizing for something. You ought to start with how your synapses fire.

I haven't seen anything on the US news about this.

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/Politics/2...ery_343694.html

I think this is dumb but hey that's just me.

I have always thought it was pointless to apologize for something you had nothing to do with. Should I apologize for my great grandfather punching your great grandfather?

Empty.