Who's going to Canton?

aussiew

I'm hounded by the promise I made to myself in 1992. If Bruce ever made it to the HOF I would walk, hitchhike or whatever to see him inducted. It's on my bucket list and at my age, that shouldn't be ignored.

I've spent all my $$ on my recent trip to Australia and trying to find the cheapest way to make this happen. I've been fortunate to pick up tix for the induction & the game.

Now the worst part - hotel rooms. Does ANYONE have a room with an extra bed they'd be willing to share for Sat & Sun? My son Matt will come with me but we can share a bed. Or I can bring an inflatable mattress.

Anyone?

Maybe you could contact some of the people trying to find long term renters and ask if they'd rent to you for a few days.

Here's the Canton newspaper's Real Estate Classifieds:

http://cantonrep.marketplace.totallylocal.com/Homes

Try the Canton KOA campground....we rented a cabin there and theres a bunch of campsites as well - very inexpensive. It's about 6 miles south of Canton!

http://koa.com/where/oh/35155/

Thanks for the suggestions. I can't camp - flying in from Dallas. I'm trying to split a room with others to save costs. My son and I can share a bed and most rooms have 2 beds. There are still rooms available in Akron but I was just hoping......we're staying Sat night and Sun night.

"Well certainly the team is going to Canton and I believe that's what you're asking. We're scheduled to play in the Hall of Fame Game. It will be on global television and I'd expect that our fans will show up in force. I think it would go without saying that it's important from an organizational standpoint to perform well and win the game. It will be a great honor to play in that game because of course the tremendous amount of history and significance to the place, as it regards the league. Mr. Wilson and Bruce Smith will be on hand to get inducted. We'll have fans from all over the world, even as far as Australia, coming to celebrate this great moment in our team's history. So yes, in answer to the original poster, I do plan on being in Canton. The challenge for the team is to block out all distractions and execute those things we're trying to install as we get ready for the regular season. I would say that if we execute well, that we'll win the game. But it's a tough league and the Tennessee Titans are a very good football team. We'll certainly have our hands full"

Dick Jauron on the subject of being in Canton, Ohio this summer.

Got a room in the same hotel as Jay. It's a single, but I have to think there's a way around that.

And I took a beating on the price, so I wouldn't mind getting a little of that $$$ back ...

Try Canton Inn via Expedia

1031 Tuscarawas St W, Canton, OH‎ - (330) 452-9703‎

I was able to get as far in booking before I needed to provide credit card info.

$45+taxes a night

Only room listed was smoking however.

If you need more help send me a PM.

• 2 weeks later...
Got a room in the same hotel as Jay. It's a single, but I have to think there's a way around that.

And I took a beating on the price, so I wouldn't mind getting a little of that $$$ back ...

Beating is an understatement. $280 per night, including all the add ons. I got a cheaper all-inclusive in Cancun for July 4th week. I think these rooms in Canton would be going for $59.99 per night any other time during the year.

Beating is an understatement. $280 per night, including all the add ons. I got a cheaper all-inclusive in Cancun for July 4th week. I think these rooms in Canton would be going for $59.99 per night any other time during the year.

part of that has to do with when you book, too. I think Best Western was closer to $80 a night back in late January..my group is at Motel 6 just across the street for about $50 a night per room...I booked the day of HOF announcements

part of that has to do with when you book, too. I think Best Western was closer to $80 a night back in late January..my group is at Motel 6 just across the street for about $50 a night per room...I booked the day of HOF announcements

I believe we had this discussion a few months ago. We got a $51.99 rate for the first few days and a $45.99 rate for Sunday evening @ Motel 6 and I booked it weeks before the HOF announcements.

I believe we had this discussion a few months ago. We got a $51.99 rate for the first few days and a $45.99 rate for Sunday evening @ Motel 6 and I booked it weeks before the HOF announcements.

I will see you there boss!