Internet top preference for News (Zogby)

Interesting poll by Zogby http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.cfm?ID=1710

Q: If you had to choose to get your news information from just one source, which source would you choose?

Internet 56%

Television 21%

Newspapers 10%

Radio 10%

Other/not sure 3%

Q: Which information source do you believe to be most reliable?

Internet 38%

Television 17%

Newspapers 16%

Radio 13%

Other/not sure 17%

Methodology N = 3030

A sampling of Zogby International's online panel, which is representative of the adult population of the US, was invited to participate. Slight weights were added to region, party, age, race, religion, gender, education to more accurately reflect the population. The margin of error is +/- 1.8 percentage points. Margins of error are higher in sub-groups.

That's extremely distorted, IMO, because the vast majority of people getting their news from the Internet are clicking on newspaper stories -- and watching clips from TV news programs and speeches only broadcast on TV -- as opposed to just original internet material.

That's extremely distorted, IMO, because the vast majority of people getting their news from the Internet are clicking on newspaper stories -- and watching clips from TV news programs and speeches only broadcast on TV -- as opposed to just original internet material.

True that is....TV news, newspapers, and even radio provide content for the internet.

Also it is hard to fact check with a radio or newspaper. But I don't doubt that people trust their favorite sites, whatever they may be.

True, but the fear for the pending doom is my hunch that few who click on the newstory bother to check the source. Thus, as the medium continue sto spread, you'll have a more deeply ingrained truism that if it's on the Internet, it must be true. Just look at the avalanche of Blake Costanza stories yesterday. The misspelling of his name may be trivial, but it does show the potential for dilution of news in the future.

True, but the fear for the pending doom is my hunch that few who click on the newstory bother to check the source. Thus, as the medium continue sto spread, you'll have a more deeply ingrained truism that if it's on the Internet, it must be true. Just look at the avalanche of Blake Costanza stories yesterday. The misspelling of his name may be trivial, but it does show the potential for dilution of news in the future.

Agreed. I think it will be fascinating to see how this plays out over the next few years. Which media and media provider adapts, who and what becomes irrelevant or an instant dinosaur. Personally, unless something drastically changes, I think the stupid will get more stupid, and the smart will get smarter.

I beg to disagree. Look at the role reliable internet sources of unique content like Twitter are playing in Iran...

No, just kidding. Wanted to see if I could type that with a straight face. :thumbsup: