The circle of life............

The Poojer

Tatianna Dennis' son, Tarrell, took his eighth grade photo complete with cap and gown, but the day before his grammar school's graduation, Tarrell learned he would not be marching down the aisle.

Does anyone else find it completely ridiculous that there is a big graduation ceremony for every other grade all the way through school now? Cap and gown for finishing (or not in this case) eighth grade? WTF?

More nonsense from the peddlers of the 'self-esteem' education.

couldn't agree more....every freaking grade....i get K to first and maybe 5th to 6th(that is kind of crossing from child to young adult), but these "promotion ceremonies" are ridiculous.....

Does anyone else find it completely ridiculous that there is a big graduation ceremony for every other grade all the way through school now? Cap and gown for finishing (or not in this case) eighth grade? WTF?

Loetisis Billingsley's nephew is one of those failing students.

"It's horrible because these kids were under the impression they were graduating, and they let them know at the last minute that they wasn't," Billingsley said.

I wonder if she passed 8th grade english?

Its because they are special and unique, just like everyone else.

couldn't agree more....every freaking grade....i get K to first and maybe 5th to 6th(that is kind of crossing from child to young adult), but these "promotion ceremonies" are ridiculous.....

My school we only had two ceremonies, 6th grade and Senior.

its funny, we have a pulaski here in virginia...the pulaski in ny, as far as i know, has always been pronounce 'pull-a$$-key'. her in virginia it is pronounced something like 'pyou-las-sky'

Yep, K-6 was in one building, 7-12 was in the other. 7 & 8 were considered Junior High, 9 - 12 was senior high. Since I've graduated, they've added onto the High School, and now 6th is over at the high school.

its funny, we have a pulaski here in virginia...the pulaski in ny, as far as i know, has always been pronounce 'pull-a$$-key'. her in virginia it is pronounced something like 'pyou-las-sky'

You got your pronunciations backwards. Here it's 'pull-as-sky'. But yea, as far as I know, we're the only ones to pronounce it with sky at the end.