Cold front coming through on Saturday

BRRR

pffft....that's nothing...my car costs more than your house, and the girls i date/marry are better looking than the ugly ones that are in sports illustrated swim suit editions.... ;)

And my central air, which is made by BMW, is colder than yours. :wallbash:

Look on the bright side, with the temperature being 114 degrees F and the relative humidity being 5%... It only feels like 105 degrees F!

;):P

(In my best old Florida resident) It's not the heat, it's the humidity. Ohhhhhhhh, the HUMIDITY!!!

BRRR

And my central air, which is made by BMW, is colder than yours. :wallbash:

(In my best old Florida resident) It's not the heat, it's the humidity. Ohhhhhhhh, the HUMIDITY!!!

Take a little jaunt down here, on days like yesterday, or today, or tomorrow, where the temp is in the triple digits and it's 98% humidity.

Look on the bright side, with the temperature being 114 degrees F and the relative humidity being 5%... It only feels like 105 degrees F!

:wallbash:;)

but it's a dry heat.

You bastards beat me to it.

:P

My response to that tends to be something like. "So is an oven."

I've been whining about our mid-90s the past few days. Add to that extremely high humidity, and you've got some crappy weather. But it ain't as bad as 115 degrees, I'd bet on that. Being on the beach, we also get a cooler breeze, on most days.

Well, there's nothing I can do about it, so I guess I'll stop complaining about it.

:wallbash:

I've been whining about our mid-90s the past few days. Add to that extremely high humidity, and you've got some crappy weather. But it ain't as bad as 115 degrees, I'd bet on that. Being on the beach, we also get a cooler breeze, on most days.

Well, there's nothing I can do about it, so I guess I'll stop complaining about it.

High 90's in texas .... sign at a bank I passed yesterday literally kept flipping between 99 and 100 as I was sitting at a red light. NWS has not marked a 100 degree day here yet but we will get there.

Funny thing is that I tell people the coldest summers i have ever lived through have been in Texas. Many buildings -restaraunts, malls, theaters etc - have th ac so figgin cold it is pathetic. I literally will not wear shorts to a movie and take a light sweatshirt because the theaters are so friggin cold.

:thumbsup:

I dunno, I'd rather have 100+ degrees dry heat than 80 degrees with 100% humidity. I'm so glad when it gets hot here it's the dry heat, most of the time.

I'm waiting for the sun to come back. We had a sunny May but so far in June it seems to have been overcast EVERY day. Gets old after a while, especially since it's been cloudy all winter! Argh!! :beer:

:thumbsup:

Not to me. Two years ago I was in Vegas in mid July, temp was showing between 110 and 115 while I was there. About two weeks later I was in FL (just outside Daytona) and it was about 95. Florida was MUCH worse. It was uncomfortable, but I was generally fine walking around Vegas all day, occasionally going inside to cool down and grab something to drink. I didn't even want to step outside while I was in FL, and it was that bad as early as 9am. Unless you're living right along the coast in FL, the humidity is just insane.

I dunno, I'd rather have 100+ degrees dry heat than 80 degrees with 100% humidity. I'm so glad when it gets hot here it's the dry heat, most of the time.

I'm waiting for the sun to come back. We had a sunny May but so far in June it seems to have been overcast EVERY day. Gets old after a while, especially since it's been cloudy all winter! Argh!! :thumbsup:

I agree. Here is the converter Lana:

Easy Converter

So take Ramius' 98% humidity and put that on top of 90 degree weather and you get:

129.6 degrees F!

My wife and I love Palm Springs in the summer. It gets up to 115, but you just spend the whole day floating in the pool drinking. You don't feel bad about not doing anything because it's too hot. And the mornings and evenings are great. Why oh why did I move up north? :doh:

My wife and I love Palm Springs in the summer. It gets up to 115, but you just spend the whole day floating in the pool drinking. You don't feel bad about not doing anything because it's too hot. And the mornings and evenings are great. Why oh why did I move up north? :doh:

When the earthquake starts ripping the ground wide open... You will run somewhere. :doh::w00t:

By no means am I saying that you should move... Hey it works, why should you move... The Minoans thought they were sitting on paradise (they were) too... Then Thera (Santorini) decided to blow... :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Ain't that how it always works? Just when you think you find paradise. :wallbash:

Perhaps some of the productive members of society[as in workng] may feel different about 115.

When the earthquake starts ripping the ground wide open... You will run somewhere. :doh::doh:

By no means am I saying that you should move... Hey it works, why should you move... The Minoans thought they were sitting on paradise (they were) too... Then Thera (Santorini) decided to blow... :w00t::rolleyes:

Ain't that how it always works? Just when you think you find paradise. :thumbsup:

but aint that life???.....carry that cross brother....

When the earthquake starts ripping the ground wide open... You will run somewhere. :rolleyes:<_<

By no means am I saying that you should move... Hey it works, why should you move... The Minoans thought they were sitting on paradise (they were) too... Then Thera (Santorini) decided to blow... :lol::nana:

Ain't that how it always works? Just when you think you find paradise. :D

Illinois Earthquake History (Major events)

May 25,1909: Aurora, Illinois – M 5.1

November 9, 1968: Southern Illinois – M 5.3

June 10, 1987: Near Olney, Illinois – M 5.1

June 28, 2004: Illinois – M 4.2

January 2, 2006: Illinois – M 3.6

(Source: USGS, http://earthquake.usgs.gov/regional/states...hp?regionID=13)

So, when are you moving? :rolleyes:

So, when are you moving? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:<_<:lol:

Pretty lame... I don't see one within hundreds of miles from me... The closest was Aurora and LaSalle... :nana::D Then there was the 4.4 at Fort Dearborn (Chicago)... :rolleyes::rolleyes: 1804...

Again... Pretty lame... Almost every area has seismic activity... And you are actually comparing to where I live with you... I can see if I was actually near the New Madrid fault...

Try again. :nana: