Time for the shoe to be on the other foot...need camera recommendation

The Poojer

son is looking for a digital camera, has 200.00 in gift cards so there is his budget...needs to be good to shoot pictures at a baseball game from nosebleed sections and then just general photography.....any suggestions? thanks

what does that mean exactly? You aren't shooting sports photography for $200.... well, maybe for the camera bag. :devil:

$200 buys you a basic point and shoot. That's it. There really isn't anything to recommend beyond "find a Canon P&S in that price range".

just want to take pictures of players at a game, he and some friends are taking a roadie to the ATL for Braves/Yankees...doesn't want high def action shots, just photo's of players in the field and at the plate, and perhaps a couple pic's of MILF's for old dad

what does that mean exactly? You aren't shooting sports photography for $200.... well, maybe for the camera bag. :devil:

$200 buys you a basic point and shoot. That's it. There really isn't anything to recommend beyond "find a Canon P&S in that price range".

just want to take pictures of players at a game, he and some friends are taking a roadie to the ATL for Braves/Yankees...doesn't want high def action shots, just photo's of players in the field and at the plate, and perhaps a couple pic's of MILF's for old dad

Shooting outdoors won't be so bad ... for $200, you can get a good point and shoot.

Then you're looking for zoom. Don't expect any type of action shot to come out without blur, especially at long range. Hope he has a steady hand too. Best your going to get for your money looks to be this.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/6019...ra.html#reviews

Don't know anything about the camera so can't speak to it.

I'm a Canon guy and when I don't want to lug around the dSLR, we throw the older version of this in my wife's purse. I'd go with that if you can find a cheaper price.