Summer Work in the Albany Area

FluffHead

ok this is a real longshot but i'm trying everything. I'm a college student home for the summer in the Albany area (clifton park). I have had no luck finding any kind of employment. I need to be making money so I can pay for school. Just looking for an hourly pay job, preferrably 30-40 hours a week. If anyone knows anyone who is hiring in the area, PLEASE HELP!! THANK YOU

Try hitting up some of the restaurants in the area. I haven't been up there in a while (originally from Mechanicville) but I used to bartend at TGIFriday's almost 10 years ago before the area blew up. Now there are a ton of restaurants in CP. I would also suggest going up to Saratoga and see if you could work the summer meet up there. I bartended and waited tables during my summers while I was at school and made a TON of money.

One tip about the service industry (if you would consider working at a restaurant) I can give you is to show up at the restaurant between 2:30 and 4:30 pm on a weekday and ask to speak to a manager. If you have some friends that work at a location see if they'll put in a good word for you.

Also check out summer internships in the field that you are pursuing. If you are a looking for something in the communications industry, my brother-in-law used to be the GM for Albany Broadcasting (local radio stations). They are located in Latham.

Good luck!

what are you good at? (computers, selling etc?) and why should I hire you.

I have experience with restaurants, cleaning, planting (grounds crew work), and painting. I am also pretty good with computers. I'm going to school for physical education. Thanks for atleast being interested, still unemployed and looking everywhere...