Good game, Drew...

MrJaimie

Hey you have to be fair. Its the second game in a row he has failed to screw it up. Although I certainly do not think he is a championship or even playoff caliber qb, he can be adequet under the right circumstances. Like a great running game and decent pass protection.

106809[/snapback]

Dante--yours is a reasonable statement. But I really think that people on this board do not see...even when Drew has a decent game like today-----that he sccrews things up in little ways.

Dante--yours is a reasonable statement. But I really think that people on this board do not see...even when Drew has a decent game like today-----that he sccrews things up in little ways.

106843[/snapback]

So in other words, you're pissed with a complete game, 6 strikeout, zero walk eight hitter giving up three runs in a 5-3 win, you want a perfect game shutout?

So in other words, you're pissed with a complete game, 6 strikeout, zero walk eight hitter giving up three runs in a 5-3 win, you want a perfect game shutout?

106850[/snapback]

No im not pissed at all. Im perfectly satisfied with Drew today. It really is the best game he is played in a while. While for some that is throwing 4 or 5 TD's Drew has a different standard for me. Im thrilled with 2 tds and no fumbles or throws forced into coverage or balls tossed up for grabs in desperation. Like I said, if the Bills can run Drew will be ok. But just ok and that obviously is enough to be competitive.

God guys get over the Bledsoe bashing. There are exactly 3 games this year where the line has played great. Those 3 games we have wins in.

I don't care what team you play for and how mobile a QB is but if your line sucks it up on the field your QB is going to have a bad day. Peddington played like crap today and you want to know why? It is because he didn't have that much time to throw the ball. The Bills blitzed the stevestojan out him and he ended up hurting his shoulder because he got hit. Peddington was on his back alot of the day.

Bledsoe had a ton of time today and he avoided the rushers because he only had one to deal with. Bledsoe was able to step up into the pocket today BECAUSE HE HAD ONE TO STEP UP INTO. Everytime Abraham and Ellis tried to get at Drew his line pushed them to the outside so he could step into it.

Willis has alot to do with the extra time Bledsoe has. Willis doesn't miss blocks like Henry does. He also makes decisions faster then Henry.

Sheldon and Willis have stepped up their play. The missed assignments and the missed blocks on rushing linebackers isn't happening as often.

There are exactly 3 games this year where the line has played great......if your line sucks it up on the field your QB is going to have a bad day.

There are some who think that the OLine has actually been the most pleasant development for teh Bills and has played well in every game this year, the one exception being the left side of Jennings/Smith in the first Jets game.

I guess its a matter of perspective.

... and no sarcasm intended. If you're going to take the heat for a loss, I think it's fair to give you kudos when they win.

A big  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  to the bashers in advance.  Thanks for playing, move along... <_<

106449[/snapback]

The criticism of Bledsoe has been a little out of proportion to the way he has played this season. I will give you, he may have single handidly thorwn away the Ravens game, and had a pretty rough day against the Raiders, but he has played solidly, if not spectacular the other six games. He had the fumble against New England, but that play may have been the worse play call by the new coaching staff so far, and was billsfanone the moment Clemments or Mularkey (or whoever) thought to rest the outcome of the game on Drew Bledsoe's running ability.

Those who have been ragging on him week in, week out, have kind of lost all objectivity at this point. If Bledsoe does anything well, he is criticized for something else. The fact is though, while this offense still has a ways to go scoring wise, they really are playing pretty decently the last 4 games. Something seems to be finally clicking with them. It is not just Bledsoe. The O-line is playing better, McGahee has helped a lot, but the team just seems to be playing with a lot more confidence on offense. I definitely have noticed a big change in Bledsoe the last four weeks.

Even his meltdown in Baltimore, he really played pretty well, take away his 5 turnovers. Last season, when Bledsoe had a bad game, he often played like he was in a fog, or truthfully, like he had a concussion. The interceptions he threw against Baltimore were not all his fault, and the two that you could fully blame on him (both the picks in the endzone, trying to go to Evans) were made because he seemed to have too much confidence in his arm, as opposed to the lumbering, poor, indecisive play he had been guilty of. They were as much the result of his "swagger" as his incompetance. When he coughed the ball up on the fumble in that game, he had no chance, and didn't even see that hit coming. MW missed a bigtime block.....

Believe me, I know Losman is our future, but if Bledsoe can just play the way he has been playing, and minimize key mistakes, I think the second half of this season could be very interesting. Not saying we will run the table and make the playoffs, but stranger things have happened. There is just simply too much talent on this team for me to believe that they will not win a number more games down the stretch. Maybe it was the wind the last few weeks, but it seems to me, watching on television many miles away, the Bills are on the verge of developing a strong home field advantage. The defense is playing very well, and with much more discipline than they did the first month of the season. You can see that they are feeding off the crowd. Now, we just have to figure out how to get something going on the road.....

The only time in Drew's career where he's succesfully lived up to that massive potential is when he had Parcells climbing up his arse his first few years as a Patriot.

We also saw a brief flash of what he can do for the first few weeks after his coach pissed him off by trading him to a division rival.

Now, after the Bills woeful performacne in Baltimore when both the fans and media were finally crawling all over him, we saw Drew actually pissed off in some postgame interviews for the very first time. Since then he's gone 2-0 with apparently two good performances.

Again I submit that the only time Drew is an effective QB is when he's pissed off.

As soon as Losman is healthy, I hope he's following Bledsoe around and being an insufferable ass.

106804[/snapback]

<_< You know Simon....whether I agree with you or not you always make me laugh with your posts....

Ha ha ha ha...spoken like a true Jets fan L-O-S-E-R!  I guess your 6-1 team isn't that good.  Whaaaa!  Get back to your corner and suck your thumb.

PTR

106812[/snapback]

Wahhhhh! It is not fair to kick me when my team sccrews up

... and no sarcasm intended. If you're going to take the heat for a loss, I think it's fair to give you kudos when they win.

A big  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  to the bashers in advance.  Thanks for playing, move along... <_<

106449[/snapback]

And I remember some on TBD saying they wanted Shane Mathews in as our starter replacing Bledsoe. Whoops

And I remember some on TBD saying they wanted Shane Mathews in as our starter replacing Bledsoe.  Whoops

107110[/snapback]

Heck, some were even asking for Shayne Graham! <_<

Appreciate the bashers offering a begrudging congrats. :(

The only time in Drew's career where he's succesfully lived up to that massive potential is when he had Parcells climbing up his arse his first few years as a Patriot.

We also saw a brief flash of what he can do for the first few weeks after his coach pissed him off by trading him to a division rival.

Now, after the Bills woeful performacne in Baltimore when both the fans and media were finally crawling all over him, we saw Drew actually pissed off in some postgame interviews for the very first time. Since then he's gone 2-0 with apparently two good performances.

Again I submit that the only time Drew is an effective QB is when he's pissed off.

As soon as Losman is healthy, I hope he's following Bledsoe around and being an insufferable ass.

106804[/snapback]

Hell, if that's all it'll take, I'll volunteer to send him nasty notes daily - and TWICE ON SUNDAYS! <_<

No im not pissed at all. Im perfectly satisfied with Drew today. It really is the best game he is played in a while. While for some that is throwing 4 or 5 TD's Drew has a different standard for me. Im thrilled with 2 tds and no fumbles or throws forced into coverage or balls tossed up for grabs in desperation. Like I said, if the Bills can run Drew will be ok. But just ok and that obviously is enough to be competitive.

107010[/snapback]

My post wasn't directed at you, it was a response to cal t... I agree with you.

With our OL opening up the running game for Willis, we don't need Drew to be great.  That's the beauty of smashmouth football.

107136[/snapback]

Amazing how an effective running game puts the brakes on the opponents blitzes, isn't it?

Drew played a solid if not spectacular game against NYJ. Anytime you rush for 162 yards and your QB has a rating of 88.8, the odds are in your favor.

Hats off to Drew and the boys, great effort all the way around.