Losman headed to the UFL?

Lori

Losman IS Leaning towards UFL

The folks at UFL Access reported earlier today regarding rumors that former Bills quarterback J.P. Losman, a first-round draft pick in 2004, will sign with the Las Vegas [To Be Determineds] of the UFL.

A source close to the situation tells us that the move isn’t definite, but that it looks like Losman will make the move.

The reasoning is simple. Losman can go to the UFL and play, or he can be at the bottom of an NFL depth chart. And not play.

In Vegas, Losman would be tutored by Jim Fassel, who salvaged the career of Kerry Collins with the Giants.

So who knows? Maybe Losman will take the UFL by storm, setting the stage for a Tommy Maddox-style catapult back into the NFL.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/17/...ing-toward-ufl/

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI: The UFL Access report he cites was actually posted Tuesday afternoon, not "earlier today" (Wednesday). Still several hours after I began this thread, but we have the same source.

Gotcha. I was just reading PFT and saw that and posted that article in this thread (felt it belonged here if anywhere). Cheers

Per Rotoworld today:

According to UFL Access, former Bills quarterback J.P. Losman is scheduled to sign with Las Vegas of the United Football League.

Losman, a first-round pick in 2004, will have a hard time shedding his "bust" label in the UFL. He would be coached by Jim Fassel. Jun. 18 - 8:56 am et

I think its a good move for him. It gives him a chance to learn from Jim Fassel and resurrect a once promising career. It makes more sense to go there and start than to sit on the bench all year waiting for an injury.

I wish him the best.