Losman headed to the UFL?

Lori

From Clark Judge's blog: http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6384866/15580028

Ex-Bills QB Losman should consider UFL

Posted on: June 15, 2009 4:51 pm

Here's another prediction: The next time we see quarterback J.P. Losman it will be in the United Football League.

Two years ago Losman was the starting quarterback for Buffalo. Now he can't find a job. It doesn't make sense. I don't know what's killing the guy in terms of reputation, but I do know how he restores the faith of the NFL: He goes somewhere else to play.

The perfect spot is the UFL, where he will have six games to prove he's better than most of the backups in the NFL. The perfect coach would be Las Vegas' Jim Fassel, because he's been a successful mentor for young quarterbacks. I suggest he consider drafting Losman. I don't know if the UFL is interested in the former Bills' quarterback, but it should be. I also don't know if Losman would consider the new league, but he should. One could help the other.

Hearing from a different source that we might be able to replace "should" go to Vegas with "will." Guess we'll see.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's his best option right now. I don't know how this whole UFL thing will pan out, but I would think this over the CFL would be better.... don't ask me why, though, because I don't know.

I'm actually a little excited to see how the UFL pans out. I think it has potential. I'll go to the games....

You must be joking...how can a new league be better for Losman than the CFL??

Ask Doug Flutie, Marv Levy and Warren Moon what they think of the CFL...

I think he could go to Canada and re-invent himself. He is a mobile QB.....or thats what we thought he was when we drafted him.

I think he could go to Canada and re-invent himself. He is a mobile QB.....or thats what we thought he was when we drafted him.

Flutie last played in Canada 12 years ago, and Levy and Moon were involved with the league long before that. Bunch of guys with NFL experience are trying out for the UFL, and Fassel, Dennis Green, and Jim Haslett all have head-coaching experience.

From Clark Judge's blog: http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6384866/15580028

Hearing from a different source that we might be able to replace "should" go to Vegas with "will." Guess we'll see.

For a guy I really like, mostly, as a human being it's sad to see this happen. I'm guessing his pouting and dismal display of playing when given the chance are the reasons for the disinterest by NFL teams. I hope he does find an outlet that will help him return to the NFL one day and be a backup or steady starter.

Now he can't find a job. It doesn't make sense.

It doesn't make sense? Did Clark really write that? It makes perfect sense!

JP is a great citizen, just not a great pro QB. Maybe a league with lesser talent would be good for him.

JP is gonna 'Clean up SinCity!'

Seriously, I wish him luck. I won't go to the games but if their on TV, I'll watch.

Anyone know how long their (UFL) TV contract is for and what channel?

I dont know how long the contract is for, but the UFL will be shown on Versus (in HD no less) for the upcoming season.

I dont know how long the contract is for, but the UFL will be shown on Versus (in HD no less) for the upcoming season.

Thank you. I haven't seen much about it. Are their rules consistant with the NFL? Any goofy schiit involved like a rouge or more/less than 11 players on the field? Pay scales?

The CFL isn't the same league it was 20+ years ago when Flutie, Moon, Jeff Garcia and several others played there. It is a league barely surviving on its own. It tried to incorporate some teams from the U.S.A, but after a little while it wasn't worth it. At least the UFL will be playing NFL style football, same rules and run by personnel with years of time spent in the NFL as coaches and executives.

:thumbsup:

I predict that site will get lots of hits from this site. At least till the novelty wears off.

I'm going to make it a standard reply on all my PPP posts. Perhaps even add it to the sig line.

I see there are already former NFL players trying out for the league, Jermaine Wiggins, Quinn Gray, Quincy Carter, i think JP should be on that list soon. Good luck to all, no one will ever knock down the dominant NFL!

The CFL isn't the same league it was 20+ years ago when Flutie, Moon, Jeff Garcia and several others played there. It is a league barely surviving on its own. It tried to incorporate some teams from the U.S.A, but after a little while it wasn't worth it. At least the UFL will be playing NFL style football, same rules and run by personnel with years of time spent in the NFL as coaches and executives.

Is this going to be a developmental league for the NFL?

Dennis Green, on drafting JP Losman for his UFL team - "He is who we thought he is!"

It is both amazing and sad that Losman is not even getting a whiff at a job in the NFL. Perhaps he and his agent are creating the environment for this to happen by foolishly believing he needs to go somewhere that he has a chance to start. However, the lack of activity certainly does suffest that while he has legs and a cannon his inability to read defenses and his lack of accuracy may just keep him from working this fall.