Joe Buck Live

Buftex

So Joe Bucks new show started on HBO tonight...I can't stand Buck, but, being a sports show, with lots of football guests (Bret Favre, Michael Irvin and Chad Ochocinco). It was okay (Buck is pretty stiff, and needs some work in the delivery area), but Artie Lange was the most remarkable thing on the show. He was pretty rude to Buck (in a "joking" way) but the highlight was him turning to Michale Irving and saying "I grew up in New York. I am a Yankees fan, and a Giants fan. I hate the !@#$ing Cowboys...its' like a white trash gift from god that the Cowboys starting QB's name rhymes with homo..."

Favre was pretty candid, confirmed, what eveyone already knows, that he does want to play for the Vikings, but he still isn't sure if he can. The Vikings wanted him to come to their OTA's, even if he didn't practice, to be "a part of the team". He declined, becaus he said there would be too much of a media circus, and then another if he officially came back. He figured it was better to have one, than two. Said he hears all the comments about his ego, and his need for attention, but denies that is a part of it. He just loves the game, but not all the stuff that goes with it, anymore. Oh well, nothing earth shattering...

I watched it but bailed right after Favre's interview. I was surprised that the show is only going to be on 4 times a year.

The look on Irvings face, when Lange was ripping on the Cowboys was priceless...almost looked like he hit the crack pipe again...he had this huge, nervous smile the whole time...like he couldn't believe what he was hearing...

I like Costas way more than Buck, but perhaps it will be alright...

So Joe Bucks new show started on HBO tonight...I can't stand Buck, but, being a sports show, with lots of football guests (Bret Favre, Michael Irvin and Chad Ochocinco). It was okay (Buck is pretty stiff, and needs some work in the delivery area), but Artie Lange was the most remarkable thing on the show. He was pretty rude to Buck (in a "joking" way) but the highlight was him turning to Michale Irving and saying "I grew up in New York. I am a Yankees fan, and a Giants fan. I hate the !@#$ing Cowboys...its' like a white trash gift from god that the Cowboys starting QB's name rhymes with homo..."

Favre was pretty candid, confirmed, what eveyone already knows, that he does want to play for the Vikings, but he still isn't sure if he can. The Vikings wanted him to come to their OTA's, even if he didn't practice, to be "a part of the team". He declined, becaus he said there would be too much of a media circus, and then another if he officially came back. He figured it was better to have one, than two. Said he hears all the comments about his ego, and his need for attention, but denies that is a part of it. He just loves the game, but not all the stuff that goes with it, anymore. Oh well, nothing earth shattering...

arte is the best

The look on Irvings face, when Lange was ripping on the Cowboys was priceless...almost looked like he hit the crack pipe again...he had this huge, nervous smile the whole time...like he couldn't believe what he was hearing...

I like Costas way more than Buck, but perhaps it will be alright...

Lange's appearance is making headlines. I wish I would have watched more, but I was only interested in what Favre had to say.

Artie Lange hijacked Joe Buck’s new HBO show from Brett Favre on Monday night. That’s not the way the premiere of “Joe Buck Live,” the successor to “Costas Live,” was supposed to go. Lange, a comedian on Howard Stern’s Sirius satellite radio show, stealing the spotlight from Favre, the quarterback who keeps coming back?

The bookend to the show was a panel show featuring Lange, the actor Paul Rudd, and Jason Sudeikis of “Saturday Night Live.” The latter two need not have shown up for this as was Lange staging a hostile takeover. His scatological, homophobic, insult act was delivered with a sort of blithe and gleeful explosiveness that threw Buck a bit. This 10-minute trap on the stage at the Equitable Center’s auditorium in Midtown Manhattan was unlike any live TV Buck had ever practiced with Tim McCarver or Troy Aikman.

I like Artie but that's the 100th time I've heard him use that line.

Who is this Michael Irving? :thumbsup:

Heard the replay on Stern this morning. Artie killed. His best line came on the aftershow: Artie showed some trick on how to light a cigarette without getting smoke all over

Buck: It looks like you lit that with your fourth chin

Lange: Yeah, four. As in the number show you'll never see.

I just watched the video of this and I don't see what all the uproar is about. It wasn't nearly as confronational as the talking heads made it out to be. I would also add that JB handled himself pretty well, all things considered.

I just watched the video of this and I don't see what all the uproar is about. It wasn't nearly as confronational as the talking heads made it out to be. I would also add that JB handled himself pretty well, all things considered.

I think Buck did okay (still not a big fan of the guy) it just seemed like Lange came out intending to bait him in to some confrontation...to me the best part was Irvins' reaction to the Cowboys comments...he looked kind of shocked at first, and then

seemed to be struggling to hold his laughter in...

I really don't liek buck and think he is so boring to listen to, but Lange was jsut being a prick. I guess that's his deal and the show should understand that but it just seemed like he was going out of his way to trash Buck.

I think Artie is pretty funny for the most past but I just find it hilarious that his act is being an ugly, fat, drug addict. Gotta give him props for finding a way to make a good living doing in though.