Older stadiums...

buckeyemike

There are only a handful of them left, in the pros. Wrigley Field and Fenway Park are the only two I can think of in baseball. In football, you have Lambeau Field and that's about it. None really in basketball and hockey.

In college football, you have older stadiums, but most of them have been heavily renovated. Ohio Stadium underwent a huge renovation about a decade ago. Michigan is redoing their stadium. Notre Dame added seats, but kept the character of the old place.

Technology seems to have become paramount, especially at the new places. For example, I look at Notre Dame Stadium and Wrigley Field, and realize that those two stadiums are the only ones left without massive video boards/Jumbotrons. It's deliberate at Notre Dame (someone said it would be like putting a huge TV in the middle of the Sistine Chapel), and I don't know if they have room for one at Wrigley.

Any thoughts about the older stadiums? Did I miss anything?

There are only a handful of them left, in the pros. Wrigley Field and Fenway Park are the only two I can think of in baseball. In football, you have Lambeau Field and that's about it. None really in basketball and hockey.

In college football, you have older stadiums, but most of them have been heavily renovated. Ohio Stadium underwent a huge renovation about a decade ago. Michigan is redoing their stadium. Notre Dame added seats, but kept the character of the old place.

Technology seems to have become paramount, especially at the new places. For example, I look at Notre Dame Stadium and Wrigley Field, and realize that those two stadiums are the only ones left without massive video boards/Jumbotrons. It's deliberate at Notre Dame (someone said it would be like putting a huge TV in the middle of the Sistine Chapel), and I don't know if they have room for one at Wrigley.

Any thoughts about the older stadiums? Did I miss anything?

Let me add this one. Only because it's one that I've been too.

Here's one for you...

If/When the Marlins move into their new stadium on the old Orange Bowl site (and become the Miami Marlins), Coors Field in Denver will be the 3rd oldest park in the National League (Wrigley Field, Dodgers Stadium).

My brother's taking his family to Chicago this weekend. They're visiting a couple of museums and catching the Indians and Cubs at Wrigley Field. I'll have to ask him how it is for a game (he's taken the Wrigley tour twice, but never seen a game there).

My brother's taking his family to Chicago this weekend. They're visiting a couple of museums and catching the Indians and Cubs at Wrigley Field. I'll have to ask him how it is for a game (he's taken the Wrigley tour twice, but never seen a game there).

I sat in the RF bleachers for a game 6 (gasp!) years ago. It was truly awesome.

Its great, saw Cubs/Cards game there about 3 summers ago. Sat front row in the upper deck at around 3rd base. Caught a foul ball that I tossed to a kid behind me (My friends will never let me forget that)